Cleaning optics

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
How many of you guys send your optics out to get cleaned? And do you send them to factor rep. or other facility?
My Leica 10x50's are 15+ years old and are in a need of a good cleaning. After last years hunts in some very dusty conditions I can hear the fine sand in the eye cups as I pull/push them in or out. Would like to get them cleaned and possibly have the focus checked.
Thanks everyone.
Bill

I sent an older pair of Leice Trinovid binos in a while back to have them looked at. I've used and abused them for close to 20 years. I was having trouble getting them to focus as clearly as they used to. They cleaned, made some adjustments internally and put new rubber armor on them at no charge. They are back to good as new. They weren't quick about it but I wasn't in a big hurry. That being said I'd send them as soon as possible so you'll kave them back in plenty of time for the fall hunts.

Leica customer service can be very slow but I've read some say they are getting better.
Swarovski has always been great to me! Usually send my binos in every other year and they come back like new.

Thanks guys,
Sounds like I have to get my butt in gear and get get them shipped asap to Leica in NJ in order to have them for this season.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom