close dates?

bpnclark

I can't find any info on when antelope season closes. Are they all the same? Is it 30 days after it opens?

Sorry for the stupid question but I cant find it anywhere in the non-res book.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-11 AT 06:27PM (MST)[p]

Not a stupid question if you haven't hunted out there before! The closing dates for all the seasons for all the animals aren't set until late Spring after the winterkill surveys are completed, but they don't vary too much from year to year and they vary in length. I have the 2009 antelope final regulations booklet if you want information on some of the units you are thinking about. Either list them out here on the BB or send me a PM and I'll help you out!

Thanks for the help. I'll take a look at my last year?s tag. I've hunted Wy for the last three years but always just hunted the opening week and ever even looked at the closing date. This year I'm planning on hunting the deer opener on Oct 1st. Antelope opens on Sept 10th and I was wondering if I'll be able to do both (...if I can draw the tag).

I just took a look at my booklet and a lot of the units that open on 9/10 are in the 80s and 90s and close either on 10/14 or 10/31. If the unit you are talking about is any of those, you should be in good shape to hunt both animals if you draw the tags.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom