Closed Roads

bigfoot llamas

What is the deal with people going around and under gates. Had a nice stalk going on up the canyon after walking in from the top gate and here comes two idiot/lazy/law breakers on their wheeler. Not to mention the kid riding around on his motorcycle or the other two 4 wheelers wanna be bowhunters. Here is hoping the fish and game and forest service will set up and bust everyone's ass that goes thru the gate.

Frustrated

Id be there if the road wasnt a straight drop off on the way out. Hate to have someone go flying off the road when the tire went flat.

I heard it was a seven hundred dollar fine if you get caught. I would rather walk then have to pay that. Not to say that you would see more wildlife. Maybe they need to start enforcing the law. Then these guys may think twice about doing it . Not to mention others hearing about getting a fine.

To my surprise I received an email back from the forest service about doing some patrols in the area. I emailed back to see if there is anything we can do to help. Ill let you know what I hear. I havent heard back from the DWR as of yet. Hell if we can form a citizen patrol to enforce the US border we should be able to defend our natural resource as well.

you talking about the top gate where you split between going to Francis Peak or Bountiful? I was just up there and not sure how you'd even get around those gates. Of course I wasn't trying to so I didn't really look for a way either.

I had the same kind of thing happen headed up Big Mountain one day. Anyone who knows the hike knows its all uphill for the first 3/4 mile. Anyways, get to the top and a guy strolls up on his horse. This is the SLC watershed, VERY CLEARLY MARKED with no horses or pets. So I say to him, "guess the whole NO HORSES thing doesn't apply to you, huh?" his reply.... Didn't see it until it was too late. I said the sign next to your truck and at the start of the trail wasn't too late.

Pissed me off to hike in a have him not care about breaking the rules. Sucks to put in the effort and have some jack-wagon no care come screw things up.

Motorcycles have a beaten path at the edge of each gate where the rocks have been moved. And the 4 wheelers drive underneath them both. The gates were set to high. I was only looking because I couldnt believe how many were driving around beyond the gates and was curious how they were getting in.

Latest Response from US Forest Service. From his reponse sounds like we need to start calling the Sheriffs Office for violations.

If people would like to send me emails that is fine. As stated earlier, I am only one LEO and I cover three counties including Salt Lake and Tooele in addition to Davis County. If people would like to send me specific information on things, I am very much appreciative via email and not the cell phone. Calls for a more rapid Law Enforcement services response should be directed to the local county Sheriff?s Office with whom the Forest Service has collaborative agreements with.

Thanks.

Forest Service Shield
Brandon Robinson
Law Enforcement Officer
Fire Information Officer
U.S. Forest Service
Law Enforcement & Investigations
[email protected]

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-16 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]I had a similar situation near Logan. I took pics of them riding and of their parked vehicles. I also took pics of the road and trail they tore up (it was really muddy and snowy that day). Law dogs called a few days later saying they had found and cited the jerks. I told him I would testify if needed, but he never called back.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom