Clothing layers needed for a late OCT. trip.

C

chas

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-08 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]I'm going to Wyoming this fall at the end of OCT. and was told that my PA hunting gear is not what I should be wearing. I usually wear MTO 50 whitetail parka and bibs. Lot of still hunting in a stand, or short hikes 2miles tops. The guy I'm hunting with said that this would not be a good idea for spot and stalk Mulies out side of Yellow Stone. I would like some layering suggestions from the experienced members of the group, please.
Thanks in advance.

I've lived in Wyoming most of my life, but not in the Yellowstone area, but none the less the weather anywhere in this state can be severe. I would suggest layering garments so you can add or remove layers as the weather requires. My first layer is most always Under Armour cold gear under my hunting shirt, it pulls the moisture away from the body plus it really helps with the wind. Then I would suggest fleece in either a vest or jacket, or better yet both, and then gore-tex rain gear for the outer layer if it is snowing or wet. This will give you a lot of layering options depending on the weather. I prefer wool camo for the cold, but it's a lot of money and if you won't use it back home it probably isn't worth the money.

Hope this at least gives you a starting point. Good luck!!!!

Thanks for the advice. How has your season gone so far. Archery starts here Oct.4th. But I've been getting in shape and shooting two or three times a week. Good luck

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom