CO. 35

ironhead

I am lookin for some info on 35 in Co.
Is there much public land to archery hunt for Deer and Elk or is there to much private to make it worth while. I am trying to get things in order for next years hunts. Would you get an archery Deer and an Elk tag or just one or the other. PM me with any info. Thanks Steve

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-06 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]I just got back from hunting 15,35,36,45 4th season. I was really disappointed in the quality of bucks that we saw. We spent most of our time on 35. 35 quite of bit of public compared to the surrounding unit. The best deer "country" on the unit is private. We shot two 170 class bucks, the two best bucks we saw. There was plenty of 25 inch 150 class deer. We did see elk everyday but, I don't think we saw a 300 inch elk.

I live in the country around 35 and 36. there are a lot of hunters but there are more deer. if you are willing to hike further than the lazy road hunters, in the right spot, you have a chance at landing a giant buck. the first picture on the big buck contest that shows the buck that gross scores 208 should give you a pretty good idea at what kind of buck you can get on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom