CO 3rd Season Unit 72/73

mjjenson

Hey All.......my son drew a 3rd Season deer tag for Unit's 72/73. 1st time hunting CO for us. Not looking for any honey holes just a good area to start? DM if you'd like.

Thank you in advance!

Hopefully you can find some private access. All the BLM gets hammered. Most of the the deer move down off the forest service before 3rd.

Good luck, I have this tag also, live in the area, been looking hard to find a mature one. Haven't seen anything that remotely gets me excited. Most of everything I've seen has been on private, so if your son is young enough, he might be able to knock on a door and get permission to get a yard buck. I've never seen it this bad here!

we hunted there fourth season a few years back and definitely missed the migration. Everything was on private and also, was a doe…
Hang out at the coffee shop in mancos and chat up the locals for access. Most will actually be from out of state but you can probably spot the natives with dirty truck beds who might have more than 1/4 acre. :D

I met a really good guy who did help us out (though I know now we were beyond help).

We were able to find a couple stragglers up on forest service (we thought they must have been celibates cause all the does were miles away) so that would probably also be an option for you in third. Good memories of listening to the broncos game with two of my sons pinstriping the truck and road hunting the hell out of it.

Good luck! Weird hunt. Interested to hear how it goes relative to our experience.

I am putting in for a private land deer 3 rd season tag this year.
I heard it was a rough year for deer numbers last year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom