CO gmu 12,13,23,24

J

jdm04

Hello to all, I love this site and have been lurking for a while. I was hoping some of you guys mught give me a few tips? My family (4 of us) have decided to hunt CO this year, we are will have deer tags, a couple of cow tags and a bull tag and will be hunting gmu 12 for the most part. This is our first time going to CO, and we arent expecting anything spectacular just a fun trip with lifelong hunting partners. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations that we could use to sway the odds of success in our favor?

Thanks in advance

I guess you will be their 2nd season? If so a lot will depend on the weather and how bad the herd got shot up during 1st season, I also here it is typically a full moon? and so the animals move at night, not sure about this fact, but it came from a reliable source in that area. One thing for sure is that it sure is a pretty area, and there are a lot of animals, but it also has a fair share of orange on the hillsides.
best of luck

The longer you can the stay the better, pressure drops off as the season progress by the last weekend it is quite. Get there early though if you are planning to camp.

I've hunted in there several times, and will possibly do so again. Once it snows, on or about Halloween, and your ability to move around in the N-Forest goes away, everything moves down low, and hunting opportunites become limited to the Jensen and Oak Ridge State Wildlife area and the competition really begins.

So, hut the 2nd or 3rd seasons....if not muzzleoader.

There are some real good areas in there, but I have only found some fair to good ones.

Get you a map that shows public & private land. That is a MUST! ALLOT of orange. Be prepared to walk in "deep" to get away from the orange. As the week wears on it does get better. (less hunters)

Thanks for all the tips! We are going the 2nd season (1st combined) so hopefully towards the end of October I will be putting up some pics!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom