CO hunting season structure

Bambistew

Very Active Member
Check out this whining bunch...

http://wildlifes.state.co.us/hunt/BigGame/pdf/input_summary.pdf

I want the season to cooincede with my birthday and all the days off I get from work and major holidays. Also allocate quality elk tags to all 8 people that live in MD and grew up in MT. Oh and if your social security number ends in 3456 then you are gaurenteed a sheep licence every year, and some years two...

There's one that the teachers want the archery season to open a week earlier to better suit them... What their three month vacation every year isn't enough for them

Worth the read, I laughed out loud many times.

Heres some of the ones I liked
'Allow bear to be taken with deer or elk tag' ??????
'Consider ways other than fees to keep non-res out' OKEEDOKEE!
'Allow a hunter to fill anothers' un used tag' HAHAHAHA!! yeah right.
'Restrict ATV use to mornings only'
'Issue spike only licenses for elk, let the big ones get bigger' Ok, lets' just slaughter all the little ones so they can never grow up.

Dutch:

I had a good laugh at some of them too, but I don't see a problem with considering other ways to limit non-residents than to keep raising prices. In fact, that particuar idea came from me. One of the main stated goals of raising fees was to reduce the number of nonresidents, and they now have an automatic raise in prices every year. More and more people are being weeded out simply by ability to pay. I personally can pay whatever they decide to charge, but I would rather they limit our numbers with a hard cap even if I could only go every other year rather than keep the numbers down by simply continuing to raise prices.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Hey I'm the teacher that wrote that (just kidding)

They didn't post my idea of a "Deer Only" season unless I missed it. The woods would be empty IMO if they would let us deer hunters get a break from all the OTC Elk hunters.

I too think that its wrong to price people out of hunting Colorado. I think a cap would be a much more fair way to do it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom