CO Muzz Pronghorn

NMChem

This was a challenge. Snuck up on this guy after spotting him 3.5 hours earlier, SE Colorado, Public Land, Muzzleloader with Iron Sites. One shot with a 50 cal 250gr Thor Bullet.

9705p1020393v2.jpg

7551p1020439.jpg

I've been considering the Thor bullet for a Colorado hunt I hope to pull in the upcoming drawing.

Where did the bullet hit the antelope and where did you find it? Did it make contact with any serious bone?

Quartering away gut shot. You can see the entry where the dirt spot is just in front of the hind quarter. Absolutely scrambled the inside. Coagulated blood everywhere. Must of hit an artery. Found the bullet in the hide opposite side low and not that far from the shoulder. No bones. He ran about 100yds and expired in less than a minute.

Most of my friends shoot Powerbelts in CO, but since I was starting from scratch, I figured why not go all copper/no lead like the Barnes TEZs I shoot. The Thors ended up grouping about 1.5 inches at 100yds with a scope on the gun, TC Triumph.

Thanks for the info!

I shoot a scoped Encore with 250gr Shockwaves in my home state for whitetail and have been very happy with the accuracy and performance.

I am looking for a new load to adjust Colorado's regulations and will be looking into the Thor.

The Shockwaves (basically the Hornady SST ML, I use the low drag version) shoot the best in my gun. Very reasonably priced bullets. The Barnes TEZ and Thor group just about the the same with BH209. I always shoot a dirty barrel when hunting; more accurate.

The Thor opens to almost 1.25 inches, and sharp!

My guess is you will need the .501 inch version. They get a little tight after a couple shots with a dirty barrel, but accurate.

Hornady FPB not bad either.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom