CO S-32...buckspy...

C

cohntr6

I guess this is mostly for you Buckspy. A friend drew an archery tag for s-32. From watching magnum mulies I see your from that area. I am going to be helping Andy scout and probably help with the hunt(if my wife lets me). He went on his 1st scouting trip this weekend and saw 20 some rams at long distances so it was difficult to judge size. He has also talked with Janet George as well. But you know any more info will help him (as you know w/your desert sheep tag). We are both from Fort Collins. Thanks, Jeff
Anymore info from you all would be helpful too!

I think BS is out of town for a week or so but being familiar with the area I can tell you there are lots of 170 class sheep, easy to find. Bow will make things interesting but can be done.
My buddy's sheep from that unit...
ksheep2.jpg

Thanks Jeff. Did you help out with that hunt? Nice ram! Andy is not picky and will take the 1st legal ram and I'm sure would be more that happy with 1 of those 170's. I can give you Andy's email or you can send it to me and I'll forward it..either way. I am excited for him!
Oh yes you my 2nd choice for info!
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff
He can email me at [email protected]. I've been lucky to have helped a few hunters in that area.... since I'll never draw one of my own! Congrats to your friend on his tag.

I can tell you that Sheepking, errr, I mean Deerking knows a hell of alot more about the sheep in that area that me. I drive by them on the way to work and even saw a group of 5 last week with two real nice rams about 50 yards off the pavement. I do drive to and fro with a swivel head looking for sheep everytime so I do know where i consistantly see rams in the summer. Its only in a couple of spots. The week before the season is when you should do most of your scouting there. They move around a fair amount. I think there was a archery video or TV show made by a guy from PSE who hunted with Terry Sandemeir in the unit and killed a hell of a ram with his bow in sight of I-70. Maybe worth looking into or finding for a little action. Sheep can be in the timber and STEEP and thick stuff, but real consistant wind direction in those canyons. E-mail me with specific ?s. I live north of Silverthorne, not Silverplume.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom