CO Unit 081 Leftover Cow Tags

R

riteno

Hi Guys.

Didn't draw in New Mexico this year and am thinking about Unit 081. How are elk numbers and access around Mid November up there?

I grew up in Northern New Mexico so I know the area in a general manner. I am living in Missouri now and as such any scouting trips are out of the question.

Are the prospects of getting a chance at seeing some cows good in this unit this time of year? I am wondering why there are so many leftover tags for the unit.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Robert

ABOUT 50/50 WE HUNT LA JARA RESEVIOR AND SOME YEARS WE FILL ALL COW TAGS, SOME YEAR WE SEE NOT ONE ELK. WITH GAS THE WAY IT IS I DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD BE WORTH YOUR TIME

Thanks for the info. I have a mule deer hunt the ist week of November in Northern New Mexico and a wedding on the 15th to attend in Northern New Mexico. Seems like an elk hunt would be a good way to pass the time in between.

Gas is a killer though. Drove out to Northern New Mexico over the 4th of July for a week and spent close to $700 bucks on fuel driving there and around New Mexico.

my son drew his 1st bull tag ever (he is 12) for unit 81 1st elk rifle. I hope it's a good year. I know what you mean, just this last week. My sons raced in a huge amatuer nationals motocross race in oklahoma. $600 in deisel round trip. when will it ever stop?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom