Unit unsuccessful tips

Rie bread

Very Active Member
Hey guys I drew an unsuccessful in New Mexico this year. I couldn’t be more pumped but I’m totally unfamiliar with the unit. Due to lack of commitment I’m unable to scout this unit. I’m a bit lazy after some google searching and can’t figure out how to dial an outfitter number. I’m looking for your best advice, honey holes, where you meet your wife, where you met your ex-wife, anything you have would be a big help. What are your best tips for this unit. See you out there!

Going to be VERY crowded!!!!!
Heard 95 percent of the total applicants applying in NM drew it. Wish you luck. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

PS
Don’t be a stranger and keep us posted on how you do.

The elk are where you find them...sorry I wish I had more but can't divulge too much info on a public forum as I drew the same unit.

Best of luck.

Go give Colorado OTC Archery a whirl before it’s gone forever.
1713524223859.png

Rie bread, Congratulations. That unit also goes by the name USUC. I’ve hunted it frequently since 2011. The best part about it is if you draw an overlapping hunt elsewhere, it’s very convenient to do a combo hunt with minimal additional travel & expenses required.

I met my wife at Bayview Bowl in Milwaukee, but that won’t help you much for this hunt. Did you check the MM archives for unit advice? I often find that useful.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom