CO unit 44 3rd

droptynes

Hunting my butt off. Any recommendations from anyone?

This heat is kicking my a**.

Deer were prerutting...kinda feels like it all stopped.

Alot of people having a hard time this year in many areas it seems. I would say go higher but 44 is pretty thick up high. Keep checking the does you have found, something might show up.

Thanks. Things got better all the sudden today. Bucks were surrounding does. Does were out longer....it may be kicking in. Hopefully tomorrow is just as good.

All 160-170 bucks today.

Any luck?

-Hawkeye-

My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

Two years ago we were at 44 and happened to see a forest service worker who rides a horse through that unit all the time. She said that she doesn't know why people even hunt that unit or talk it up so much because the big bucks just aren't there anymore. Between all of the city people wanting their "own piece of the country" and all the tags Colorado issues, hunting isn't going to be what it once was and we have to get used to it.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom