CO Unit 521 2nd season elk

O

okiehunter

I have been looking at 2007 harvest stats. Looks like unit 521 has a lot to offer for a second rifle season OTC elk. Fair success percentage, looks like lots of public land.

Am I missing something or is there a better option?

Any idea where to start looking for a shooter in this unit?

I appreciate your feed back.

Rick

We had good luck there last year with elk but hardly saw any deer at all. There were a lot of hunters around but it seemed to keep things stirring.

Can somebody help a brother out? I have searched and searched and can't find out much about his unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

hunted there years ago, there was plenty of elk then I imagine there still is, a fair amount of public land, get a land use map,probably not a trophy area but a good OTC area, there is a well used road going up muddy creek area I remmember getting one back in there, If you decide to go let me know, my brother is going on the third season

Piper I just found out today that it will be the 3rd season before we will be going. If you brother is willing, I will share pre season scouting info or maybe info during the hunt. [email protected] is my email.

Rick

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom