Col. unit 44 2nd season one week to hunt

nwhunter

After seeing all the feedback on the one day to hunt post I thought heck I may as well see if I can get that much input but maybe more positive ... Gambled on this hunt with my bro in law and looks like we may get some weather opening weekend and cold temps that may help us out. New unit to us but we have some intell on spots to check out and we arent afraid to hike and hunt and know it wont be easy so will put in the time. Any pointers on a good central place to camp or where to not waste our time would be awesome. Good luck out there..

Good luck on your hunt nwhunter! Looks like you are going to get some good snow Sunday into Monday. I‘ve talked to you via PM before and will be interested in how your hunt went.

I have a NR 3rd season tag (unless I turn it in tomorrow) and plan to be out there the Nov 4th to start scouting and will be hunting solo the whole season if necessary. I hope you and your brother-in-law have a great hunt!

Horniac

Figured I should follow up here with how the hunt went. The storm rolled in Sunday and Monday and had well over a foot of snow and super cold temps for great hunting Tuesday and wednsday. Saw lots of deer and bucks and a couple of 180 plus but out of range. Big country and we don't shoot a thousand yards... Then it started to warm up and with crunchy snow in the morning and full moon things slowed way down. Shot a four point the last day as he ran through the aspens hoping he was bigger than he ended up being.. The pack off the hill 1800' confirmed my stupidity with him on my back :(.. It was a good hunt because we got that weather and met some good guys on the mountain.. Don't think I would want the tag without snow.. Thanks for the input and good luck on your hunts..

Thanks for the follow up. Sounds like a good hunt even though you didn’t get what you set out to.

Figured I should follow up here with how the hunt went. The storm rolled in Sunday and Monday and had well over a foot of snow and super cold temps for great hunting Tuesday and wednsday. Saw lots of deer and bucks and a couple of 180 plus but out of range. Big country and we don't shoot a thousand yards... Then it started to warm up and with crunchy snow in the morning and full moon things slowed way down. Shot a four point the last day as he ran through the aspens hoping he was bigger than he ended up being.. The pack off the hill 1800' confirmed my stupidity with him on my back :(.. It was a good hunt because we got that weather and met some good guys on the mountain.. Don't think I would want the tag without snow.. Thanks for the input and good luck on your hunts..
You had pretty good conditions for that hunt. Big bucks are just few and far between.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom