Collared Elk?

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Has anybody seen a collared cow elk in the Weed area? I saw one yesterday at the turn to Miller Flats and she had some sort of collar on her. Didn't look to healthy to me.

Cookie, how have you been, whats been going on? I haven't seen any collared elk in that area and I drive that road every day. I will keep my eye open. I did see a pretty poor looking doe our towards the turnoff to Hope on hwy 82. Have you found any sheds. I haven't been out much so I dont have any, but thats alright. See ya, NMHS

Caleb,
I have found only one dinky little six point so far but I like you haven't been up there much. That cow was with about thirty other cows and one spike about a quarter mile down he road after the turn. The collar blends in pretty good, grey in color with a black box out in front.

Seen several out here that have collars. Up around Jim Lewis Canyon and I am pretty sure a guy I know shot a cow with a collar last year.

By the way I was hiking this morning and saw a good bull with antlers still. Saw no sheds. Some bucks I have been watching have lost theirs though.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom