College Football

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
Okay I realize that a lot of guys that read MM are Mountain West Conference fans, me to. However the Big 12 plays a little football as well and a big game occurs this week at Lincoln, Texas vs. Huskers. Now I know we've been down for a couple years but guys this could be better than most expect.. 83,000 rockin for the Cornhuskers in a Big 12 showdown the only good reason to miss a day of deer scouting. Go ahead get your minds off this political dribble what's your take, mine is Nebraska 24 Texas 21.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-06 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]Get real Husker fans -Big Red is only on the WAY back. They still have a ways to go -

TEXAS 63 - NEBRASKA - 12

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

P.S. Did you know that the kids in Nebraska don't say "trick-or-treat" on Halloween? Yeah - they say "TRICK OR CORN!"

UTROY (UT is for The University of Texas!)

Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy you're probably right they do have weaknesses still, mainly the secondary loosing Bowman and All-American candidate before the season really hurt. Quite a few other holes as well but I will be totally shocked if Texas scores more than 30 points. Either way Texas will still get a standing ovation by the Husker fans when they leave the field win or lose. Mo. Purify will have a breakout game over a 100 yards in receiving and the front 7 will get pressure on McCoy.

GO LOBOS! UNM BABY , EVERYONES A LOBO WOOF,WOOF ,WOOF!UTAH ,BYU AIR FORCE , WYOMING, TCU AND SAN DIEGO STATE SUCK!
Thats right , I love the Mountain West.....bleeding red and silver....

Sorry NM - but the Lobos will have a hard time getting by BYU. At least we agree on the HORNS!

UTROY

I'm a Lobos fan too, but they are having a hard time iin football this year.
The thing that ticks me off is this new MTN network, I have Dish and can't get it so I guess I won't get to see any basket ball games this year! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

All you Mountain West fans will just have to sit an dream about what happened this year and hope for next year.

Because BSU is going to a BCS bowl game this year!!!!

In fact, if you grovel enough we just might let your best team into the WAC next year. We don't want want your cellar dwellers.

Go Bronco's. :)

THE WAC? Are you kidding me - besides the BSU Blueturf Broncos - there is absolutely nothing there and all the rest of the teams would be cellar dwellers in the Mtn West. BSU is a great team and has a great program and yes they may get a BCS bowl and I will cheer for them if they do - but you can't tell me that the 4th BCS Bowl isn't anything less than political pandering to a handful of influences who are really just trying to make it more fair for the smaller schools. I think it is a good idea but the whole BCS is a crock of crap - until the teams are able to actually play it out on the field it won't be anything less than controversial.

UTROY

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-06 AT 08:33AM (MST)[p]WACKED CONFERENCE...Thank God they have BSU or WAC would be crap.

I did see BSU's new expansion plans for their stadium, that will be really nice when they get that done!

BTW, I'm not much of a football fan, so come basketball season, come and talk to me about which conference rules!

LOBOS WILL TAKE ANY WAC TEAM BABY!!!

And yes, Roy, until they come up with some sort of playoff type tournament, the BCS don't mean squat to me.

You got that right NMHUNTNUTT1, Everyone is a LOBO whether they want to admit it or not. LOL. Whether the LOBOS are having a tough season or not, we dont jump ship like all other "fair weather" fans. I've been with the LOBOS thru all the up's and down's including the losses in their bowl games. Even made the trip to Vegas for that bowl game. Just too bad I can't make the game tonite (utah game), Urlacher is suppose to be there at the game. I'm glad that the LOBOS are no longer in the WAC'd out division. That's all I'll say about that.

Here's a pic of LOBO fans/family on opening day in the tailgate area.

4537bbcf08dc4482.jpg

Droptine

Nice droptine! While I like football I don't watch much of it but when it comes to basketball, LOBOS ALL THE WAY!
The PIT rocks and hopefully they are going to have a great year this year, they definitely have the talent.

Guys you have great hunting and beautiful country and my favorite thing about the WAC or Mountain West games is the scenery they show at halftime and breaks in action. Pay attention the Huskers will make this a close tough game the scenery isn't nearly as good as the WAC or MW but the football is a totally different game at a different speed.

WHHEEEW! Dang, Lobos made a hell of a comeback to beat them Utes! Wish I could of seen the game.

Cornhusker,
Hate to bust your bubble but I don't see you guys beating Texas,,,,,, or Colorado! lol, good luch though.

Texas 42 Nebraska 17 not until the huskers start recruiting out of the prisons again.
hunterrunningfrombearlgclr5ju.gif

Well - it wasn't 63-12 but we'll take 22-20! To tell you the truth - my former prediction was a lot more bravado than reality! I knew it would be close but I didn't want it to be that close! Looks like Big Red may be a little bit further back than we had expected! If they continue playing like that we will see them again in the Big 12 Championship game. I'll cheer for them to beat Mizzou on 11/04 for sure. It is hard to come in to Lincoln like that and come away with a victory. But this was a great game for sure. Callahan looks like he is certainly making a lot of progress there, and has his team fired up - and they had a great schedule from here on out - Missouri and Colorado both at home with OK. State and A&M on the road. They should handle A&M and Colorado should be the team that goes to the WAC with the way they have been playing.

Wow - UNLV looks bad. Cougars are rolling in the MWC!

Hook 'em Horns!

UTROY

Darnit, Darnit, Darnit, Well a good time was had by all but what a crappy way to give a game away. Why we throw to the 4th best receiver that drops the ball quite frequently is beyond me but that's the game. The weather was beautiful and the stadium was really rocking. The Texas fans were great, a lot of them that were there said they couldn't believe how well they were treated. The Longhorns also got an ovation as they left the field. Try that in Colorado sometime the last time I went to that stadium I had beer thrown on me and my car was spray painted. Colorado is the Miami of the Big 12. I've never been to a Texas game so I don't know things are there. Congragulations and the best of luck the rest of the year.

WAsharpstick you are obviously are talking about volleyball and you are correct they did beat Nebraska in the National Championship game last year. But Nebraska has been #1 all this year in volleyball. Is Washington that good again, I don't think you mean football?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-06 AT 12:07PM (MST)[p]Cornhusker - ask the Ohio State fans how Austin treated them - they will probably say they felt warm and welcome. There were several stories on the local channels about joint tail-gate parties and after parties on 6th Street. They were all over the place - I even helped direct a few of them around the campus here - real nice folks. Not like the Okies at all!. Heck yeah they (and their $$$) were more than welcome in Austin! Next year when Big Red comes down here you should come with them! I probably won't be here by then but if I am - I will make sure you feel at home.

One of the reserve TE's for UT is in my class and he said that the fans were great there - not only did they get an ovation but they were thanking them for a great game! He had several people shake his hand and congratulate him - and he didn't even get to play. He said he signed about 50 autographs for kids and they were all very appreciative and not rude - it was a big contrast from the OU game where they had eggs thrown at them and their bus. One of my students was coming back from that game and got a flat tire - she pulled off the side of the road and a couple of gals in a pickup with OU stickers and flags pulled up beside her to help. When they saw she was wearing burnt orange, they waited for her to walk up to their car to ask for help and then tried to spray beer on her and called her a "Texas Trailer Trash Ho!" and then spun out as they drove away hooting and laughing, spraying her with gravel. She said she got the last laugh though, about 30 miles down the road she passed them - pulled over by a state trooper - making the driver walk the straight line!

UTROY

Howdy,

Go Longhorns AND Lobos. I coached with Colt McCoy's father for three years, and I've sent a bunch of players to Lobo land. I'll keep rooting for my "own" players... thank you very much!

Hey Droptine!!! Long time no see. Ruth and I missed you at the State Track Meet. Should have seen 'em!!! Four in a row.
That one will be my last State Meet. I retired after 31 years.

Coach

Coach Hunt! Welcome back to the campfire! We'd about given you up for dead! Congrats on the retirement and the team. We expect to see more of you around this campfire (and the real ones of course)! We need as many good folks as we can get around here - and in the field!

UTROY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom