Colo. Preference Points

kilowatt

Can someone tell me where I can locate the breakdown on Units and How Many Pref. Points are needed to draw a perticular unit within COLO.?

I could find nothing in Booklet, and even checked the website unless I missed it there somewhere.

Brian

Go to the hunting section and click on big game, then click the link at the top in Blue titled Harvest/hunting statistics. It gives harvest data and drawing data for each unit for each species.

Here is the link: http://wildlife.state.co.us/huntrecap/

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-04 AT 03:41PM (MST)[p]Dave,
This is not the info I was asking about, but thanks anyway.

Brian
P.S.
I have found it Dave, it took some doing and reading and I think I have it figured out now, thanks.

I dont know if you are a resident,but if you are they are in the march/april issue of colorado outdoors magazine that the dow has published.

Hunting the Mountains of North Carolina and Regions West
You only go thru life once- so get it right!!

Brian

get yourself a copy of Colorado Outdoors "march-april"
it list all units and points needed

Paul,

Can you please check the units I was planning on applying for? I know I'm close for all these tags.

Antelope Rifle Unit 2
Deer Rifle Unit 10 late
Elk Rifle Unit 2
or
Elk Archery Unit 2 bull

Thanks.

Zim from NW Indiana

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-04 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]>Can someone tell me where I
>can locate the breakdown on
>Units and How Many Pref.
>Points are needed to draw
>a perticular unit within COLO.
>
>Brian

I guess I don't know what you were looking for, because the link I gave you, under Hunt recap summaries, gives out unit by unit numbers of tags alloted, numbers of applicants, breaks them down into resident and nonresident, and tells you how many preference points everyone had. You then just have to figure out how many residents and nonresidents will get a first choice tag (60% residents and 40% nonres) and that tells you how many points you need to draw.

For instance, if you figure out that their are 100 tags availabe, then 40 are available for nonresidents. Therefore, the 40 nonresidents with the most points get picked.

Is that not what you were asking for?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

The March- April edition of Colorado Outdoors Magazine, has a complete list of each season and it can be purchased on the CDOW web-page.

Thanks Paul

I have 7 for everything. Seem forever out of reach.

Zim from NW Indiana

Thanks Paul, will read what you have to say tomorrow morning as I have a BPOE dinner and initiation to go to tonight.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom