Colo unit 31 sheep

bullwhacker

hey guys im a long time MM viewer but first time poster, i found out today that i drew the non-res bighorn tag in unit 31 . looking for any info on the unit, sheep, private land issues. I hope this post doesnt sound selfish for being a first timer . thanks

>hey guys im a long time
>MM viewer but first time
>poster, i found out today
>that i drew the non-res
>bighorn tag in unit 31
>. looking for any info
>on the unit, sheep, private
>land issues. I hope this
>post doesnt sound selfish for
>being a first timer .
>thanks

not selfish at all....it would be selfish if you dont let us tag along for the ride....i dont know anything about unit 31, but i do KNOW your in for the ride of your life, enjoy it!!!!

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

>
>not selfish at all....it would be
>selfish if you dont let
>us tag along for the
>ride....i dont know anything about
>unit 31, but i do
>KNOW your in for the
>ride of your life, enjoy
>it!!!!
>

Mr Treedagain hit the nail on the head. Hang on tight! It'll be quite a ride!
Oh, and be sure to share your experience with us.
Zeke

Congrats. Its pretty steep and high. You should get in as good shape as possible. Public access is no problem although some of the sheep will likely be on private land. There aren't a lot of sheep in the unit but there are some pretty good rams.

If you don't mind me asking, how many weighted points did you have and what state do you live in?
Thanks and Good luck.

thanks guys! wasnt sure how this would be recieved being a rookie poster. hey abqbw i live in the foothills of calif near yosemite, had max points, always went for the top units with terrible odds, getn older & tired of not hunting so changed my stratagie & here i am.

Ditto to all the advice bwhacker! Don't hesitate to ask all the questions you want. There are plenty of us who would love to help.
I too don't know the area, but I would keep searching and asking. You may want to consider a guide if you are unfamiliar with the unit. It is very unlikely that you will ever get second chance at sheep in Colorado. I bit the bullet hiring a guide on my Wyoming sheep hunt and it was more than worth it in the long run.

Congratulations on drawing a Sheep tag!...Your in for an Adventure!...My advice, like those that have posted, would be to get in Great Shape and like littlebighorn suggests, consider hiring a guide....these kind of tags don't come around too often! you'll want to make the most of it...

Good Luck and Be sure to post photos of your hunt!

KP

My PMs dont seem to be reachin ya but I tried again if you still have nothing from me send me your email address and maybe we will have better luck that way.

I don't think my PM got through either. PM me and I can give you some great info about the unit.

Hunter

Hey guys! im computer illiterate! HaHaha! Just figured out how to retrive my PMs. Sounds like a few of you have great advice and help that I am anxiously awaiting to talk with all of you about. All of your PMs were received at my end. Thank you. We'll be in touch very soon!

Thank you,

Kevin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom