Colo Unit 76 Tag Filled

338WSM

Got my first archery bull up in Colorado, Unit 76. Second year of archery hunting after trying 16C last year. What a blast! Two great hunts and now a great bull.

Still have my daughters youth hunt and am really looking forward to that. Then, my brothers rifle hunt immediately after.

The rest of the year is for ducks. Anyone want to take a good guy and his dog hunting? I am tired of Bernardo and avoided the river as I was hunting alone mostly the last two years.

48d7fa9e6b59be07.jpg

God Bless

Wes

Congrats on a great Colorado bull man. How many years did it take you to draw 76? It sure takes a few preferance points to draw that unit. And, let me get a couple of hunts out of the way and then I will be down at my blinds on the river or chasing quail every chance I get. I stay the hell away from Retardo as well due to the idiot factor/skyblasting unlike anywhere else I have ever hunted. I've got a great but young bird dog, a ton of dekes, and am hoping for a good migration this year. If it's calling and shooting landing birds you like then drop me a line and we'll get you out. -Cody

Wes,

Congrats on a fine bull! Can you show us a side view? I would like to see more of him! 6X6?

Again, very nice. Would you recommend 76 to a guy with 13 points?

NMElkTrout "Calling and shooting landing birds" is exactly what I like. I like it because I know what I am shooting then. That's what is so frustrating about Bernardo, somebody shoots the duck that swung wide working your decoys, about the time you figure out, yep that was a pintail hen.

KTC - yes to unit 76, and I can always tell you what I know. Are these what you were looking for side pictures?

48db9f833edfd00f.jpg

48db9faa3fea6d59.jpg

That is a toad. Awesome bull. How many points did it take you in CO?

Now you have to change your name from 338WSM to Elkguy or something.

Wes,

Absolutely! That really shows that bull off. You should be excited about that bull, just a nice solid bull! Congrats! When I saw your first picture I was like I wanna see that bull!;-)

I am not sure what to do Wes, but I appreciate your offer of help. Kind of wondering at this point with 13 elk points. Seems I am in no man's land? However, to kill one like yours I would be grinning from ear to ear.

Thanks.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom