colorado 2008

R

ram100

Does third season in Colorado always open the first saturday of November? I was looking ahead and next year Nov 1 is the first saturday and in 09 it falls on Nov 7? WOuld rather have the tag on the later dates. Thanks for the info,

The 3rd season starts on Oct 31st in 2009. Season structure in CO is set for five years at a time, with the current plan ending in 2009. They use the following parameters to determine starting dates for the rifle seasons.

Parameters for season dates

The Wildlife Commission will continue to utilize the following guidelines in development of the biggame season structure for the years 2005-2009:

A. Female animals are not hunted earlier than the last week of August.
B. Regular rifle seasons begin no earlier than the first Saturday after October 9.
C. Regular rifle seasons do not extend beyond mid-November.

By using the "first Saturday after Oct. 9" guideline, you should be able to predict when future rifle seasons will start, assuming that the new 5-year plan beginning in 2010 uses the same structure.

So for 2010 it could either be Nov 6 or Oct 30. What would be the day based on the current format? I'm guessing oct 30? Just curious and deciding when to use my points and schedule a couple other big hunts.

Using the current format, it could only be Nov 6th in 2010. For it to be Oct 30th, the first rifle season would have to start on Oct 9th, which is too early. Notice it says the first Saturday after Oct 9th.

Thanks for the info, I am going to plan on burning 8 points in 2010 on a third season hunt somewhere.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom