Colorado 35/36 Deer

tenaciousC

So I have an interesting problem. I had a 35/36 third season deer tag last year and I had a great hunt. The problem is, I have the tag again this year and I only hunted for 45 minutes before I filled my tag last year. I scouted three days before the season but that is all the time I have spent in the unit.
There were many areas i wanted to check out but never got the opportunity. I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions in the area. I wanted to hunt castle peaks, bull gulch, mcphee gulch, and up into the high country of unit 36. I found out it was difficult but I'd like to get away from some of the crowds as much as possible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, just wondering if im headed in the right direction. Thanks

Let's see a picture of last year's success!

I think you are on the right track to try and get away from the crowds (which can't be as bad as pre-2007 winter kill when the tag allotment was much higher), I would hunt the same areas you mentioned.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom