colorado antelope D.I.Y. hunt unit 2/201

huntn41

Hi, Myself and a buddy each have 20 preference points for antelope we are looking to do a rifle hunt this fall 2019.We are looking to hunt public BLM land in units 2/201. Has anybody hunted that area for antelope ? It's a high draw area with limited licenses, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-19 AT 06:36AM (MST)[p]My dad and brother have both drawn that tag and taken antelope. It's a fun hunt but way underachieves as far as numbers of antelope and quality of antelope for what it takes to draw. I would take serious consideration in looking at units in the south central part of the state, unit 79 especially before settling on 2/201.

Coloradoboy

I would no consider either one of those unit atrophy antelope unit. They are managed for trophy elk. There are a few good goats to be had, but the only way I can consider that hunt is for the remoteness and the country. I love the country, but truth be told you can find better antelope and bigger bucks in units that require no points in WY. I would suggest looking at the unit in the SE. The access is a little trickier, but there are more antelope and bigger bucks.

If you have no interest in trophy quality and just want easy access and a 14" buck than 2 and 201 will work. But if you are looking for a book buck or anything close to book, go someplace else.

Heck 3 and 301 have more book level bucks and if you look around now you can find good trespass access for pretty cheap.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-19 AT 11:32AM (MST)[p]I personally had a 3/301 tag this year and it took a lot of work to find a buck that scored in mid 70s and was at 15in mark that was most likely the biggest buck I saw on public land. I looked over piles of bucks for nearly a week before the season started and it seems like they are all cloned images of each other in the 12 to 14 inch mark with no mass or length on their cutters. Honestly wished I would of burned my points in a southern unit where the genetics are better but I thought for sure I could dig a 80in goat closer to home after waiting 14 years.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2019/518042717fb86eb0b43e7b0b87afe50dafe30.jpeg

Coloradoboy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom