Colorado ATV Registration?

backinthegame

I heard rumor that Colorado is requiring non-residents to register ATVs in the state, similar to the requirement in Wyoming. Can any of you Colorado folks confirm or deny for me? I could look it up, but what fun would that be?

Well I am not from CO but as recently as 2 years ago I do know you had to register, I believe it was $15 and you could do it via phone & they would mail it to you. Sorry but cannot recall now just where I called to go thru the process. I think if you look in the hunting regs book there is some info there that will point you in the right direction.

Yes I saw that on the DOW web site. It is just another way a state agency found to milk more money out of you. $25 to use a vehical on public land, next thing you know they will make you get a permit to drive your truck on the public land. I hope there is a lawsuit to try and stop it, but the last lawsuit I remember arguing against a state treating non-res differently on federally owned land did not go in favor of the non-residents.

Buck up boys! You gotta pay to play! If you don't want to get it by mail you can stop at any major sporting goods store and pick one up. They are $25.25 as someone said above. You don't need a registration or anything, just walk in and tell them you need to register an ATV. I will warn you though.....do not get caught without it. Extremely big fines in Colorado.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

"If you don't want to get
it by mail you can
stop at any major sporting
goods store and pick one
up.

You don't need a registration
or anything, just walk in
and tell them you need
to register an ATV"

Are you sure about these statements?I know residents need to buy them from Colorado State Parks, and yes we do need a registration.

YOU JUST DONT WALK IN & WALK OUT.....YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE ALOT IN INFO ABOUT YOUR ATV.....VIN NUMBERS, TYPE ,MODEL NUMBER & A FEW MORE DETAILS.......YD.

>It costs the residents the same
>as out-of-staters.
Yes the registration is the same cost for res. and non-res. but didn't Colorado residents have to have there ATVs registered already(unless they are used only for ag.)like most other states? Most of the other states (including Colorado until this year) allow ATVs to be operated in-state for up to 30 days as long as they have current registration from another state. That was my point, that alot of states (not just Colorado) are trying to nickle and dime people to death and quickly making it unaffordable for more and more people to hunt. The higher tag fees, money spent on food and lodging, and goods and services bought are not enough money brought into the local econemies any more. It just seems that every year the license's go up and there is a new fee they get you to pay.

I just ordered one from the CO Parks website. They didn't want much info except billing. Between CA, WY, and CO its a little spendy.

Don P.

I just got back from Colorado on an archery deer hunt. We went into town to the local hardware store that sold licenses and my buddy bought his ATV tag using his C.I.D. #. That is all he had. The gal didn't ask for a D.L. or a registration or anything. I asked her if the rules had changed at all in the last couple of years and she said that they have been doing it the same for the 3 years she had worked there. She also said that they are audited every year with regards to the ATV tag sales. Just FYI.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com