COLORADO DEER 09

sharpshooter

Guys,
Looking to get rid of 9 points in CO. this year. I am a rifle hunter and would prefer to shoot a BIG whitetail. I know this may sound crazy but I am worried about the die offs with the muleys. I don't mind paying a trespass fee but would prefer not to hunt with an outfitter.Just don't have the $$$$ in this economy. I have coached a football tem the last 10 years and now it's time to hunt again! Any suggestions?
SS

Sharpshooter ~

I would consider two things: (1) You have already aquired 9 points; and (2) you want a BIG whitetail.

The majority of the Eastern plains (whitetail) units do not require 9 points, but the better areas are tied up and leased by outfitters!

My recommendation would be to take a serious look at the late rifle hunt in unit 103, and hunt the state/public lands around Bonny res. and the Republican River. The limited number of tags in this area require up 9 to 12 points, but in my opinion may be your best bet for a Coloarado do it yourself, public land, trophy whitetail hunt.

Stryker

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom