Colorado DOW to merge with Parks!

jcmuleys

For those of you sportsmen who have been buying tags in CO and supporting our Division of Wildlife this will concern you. Govoner Hickenlooper has purposed to merge DOW with the Parks. Parks cannot operate on the revenew that they generate so why not take from the budget of DOW which is a far bigger budget. So my question is this. Do you want you tag money to be spent on wildlife related issues? Or do you want your tag money to be spent on parks? Here is a related link to the issue http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/GovHickenlooper/CBON/1251589839177
Contact Colorado Governor Hickenlooper and let him know what you think. If anyone knows how we can write the governor please post links.
Jerad

Write all you want..I believe its a done deal as of July 1st.

Sad to see hunting dollars fund parks..I dont think Montana hunters are real big fans of it, they've been doing the same thing up there for years now.

This same merger was tried in the early 70's and it did not work at all. This would burden the DOW officers with duties not hunting related and there job of Wildlife Management and Law Enforcement would suffer. I will write all i want because it is important to me to have our Wildlife Agency doing what they should be doing.
Its interesting that the issue doesn't concern more people. My thought is Colorado is next state to be affected by the wolves and if our DOW is busy cleaning bathrooms at parks and sharing trucks with the parks how can they effectively combat an issue like wolves or disease in our wildlife. This has already been done before and it didn't work.
Jerad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom