Colorado GMU 40 - Muzz Hunt

songdog

Anybody out there ever hunted unit 40 in Colorado? Lots of private land in the area and would like to know some names of ranches or outfitters that offer hunts for big bulls (330+ B&C)... I'm thinking of burning 10 points for a muzz hunt or first elk only rifle season.

Thanks in advance!!!

I've heard 2V Outfitters pulls some big bulls consistently but I've never been there.

Be prepared for "sticker shock" when you see what they charge, but this may include the tag. I don't know...

Some big bulls, yes. Access NO! WE burned like 32 points, (4 guys) and pulled one OK 6x6 out. Worked very hard for that one too. If you go with an outfitter, different story if you have lots of $$$. Good luck!

Also remember that the first season is later this year (starts the 16th), so rutting activity should be over.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-10 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]Rifle DIY no,muzzy not too bad they scream there heads off its pretty cool but you MUST come at least a week early just to learn where you can and can't go, you can't waste hunting days to figure this out.I would guess that 80% of the bulls come off private land here. If big is your goal then this may be your unit ,if a good bull and a great hunt experance is the objective than I would look elsewhere and not have to contend with fences.Or go with a ranch and you will get your 330+ maybe 350+ bull but they are not cheep I heard 7k to 15k...good luck have fun.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom