colorado mtn goat is posted

ColoradoBob

Anyone draw a Colorado mtn goat tag? Looks like they are posted at the DOW's website. No luck for me. Sheep are due out next week. CB

I did not draw my goat tag either. Waiting impatiently on sheep.

Have you heard this one b4? Act like you are buying a habitat stamp online. A list of the apps you have on file will show. If the word 'APP' does not appear next to bighorn sheep...you drew. Sounds convoluted to me...but I know someone that does not show 'app' and he thinks that is a good sign. It was also mentioned on RMBS forum. I hope it is incorrect...app appears on mine.

Good luck...

Well that is strike one for me.

That is very interesting about the app thing, I do not think that it will prove to be true. I looked at mine and there are app's next to everything i put in for and i am almost 100% sure i will get my deer and lope tags. Let us know if this proves true for anyone.

I just tried it. There is not "APP" next to my mtn goat----but I didn't draw. There is APP next to everything else but the drawings have not be held yet.

Interesting theory but I'm not buying it. CB

Supposedly the theory only applies to drawings that have been completed, but not yet posted (sheep in this case). I checked and I still have 'app' next to goat and I did not draw. I heard the theory from a couple of sources and thought it interesting. Not buying it either.

Drew G-13 Late? Plan to kill an old nanny last week hoping for good hair. Last Goat tag was 1987.
No Brother Good in-law drew same tag. I HOPE I can talk him into killing a sheep killing nanny also.
As the goats on our side of the hill increased the sheep decreased. I encourage all who draw Goat this year?SAVE A SHEEP, KILL A NANNY! Brad Phelps

I killed my goat on Iowa Peak. A buddy of mine killed his on Mtn Huron. Good luck----Hope you don't get snowed out. CB

No goat tag for me or the wife. I hope they hurry with the refund checks!
When should we expect them?

I tried the little scheme above. My sheep and goat application do not come up but deer, elk, and ante do. I did recive another goat point so I know I did not draw it. Where is my sheep application?

COBOB, Thanks I hope I can stay on my side of the hill. Plan to sit at our cow camp with my scope.
See them, ride up close shoot with a lead rope in my hand. But as we all know plans can go array.
Snow?ya I was there in 2006?..S-11 sheep my buddy from Alaska drew the NR tag. Texas Creek was void of Rams. Had to go out of my comfort zone?.East Slope to get one down. I hope it does not snow like that?I am not man enough to put shoes on my mule so I would have to walk or ski. In 2006 we saw well over 250 goats in 6 days? several in bow range on that side.. Texas creek was full of goats in the STEEP places. The two days after that snow was sure fun glassing. Follow the tracks right to the goats/sheep. The footing was absolutely terrible. The only thing my sheep/goat guide brought down was his pack and his ice ax?.used my rifle. I tried to buy his ice ax over there one day one more time I was spooked hunting in COLO? The worst was the Gore Range in the late 90?s ran into a bunch of climbing hardware left anchored in the rocks?Didn?t think it was that steep until I saw that stuff?Almost got off of there the fast way. Alaska in 94?.was a packer for 5 goats?almost fell every hunt ,one client fell/turtled 100 feet off a glacier head first in to a rock slide. Another went off a 20 footer ?Snot grass? I swear this is my last goat hunt??not..and my easy mule back plan is a pipe dream?Bought a new 1 pound bivy sack last month?.I would rather have snow then lightning. Got to tell the wife I drew? Time to restock the Taxidermy account?. Rug like a bear? ? life? Life size? Another shoulder? She will probably fall 1000 feet and I can boil her skull and stubs and but her the basket with the sheep shells and ewe skulls?
Hell I'm fat and old might eat tag soup. Brad.

Brad, Congrats on the tag. My wife didnt draw. If you need some company let me know. I think you probably will have it covered.
Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom