Colorado NR application questions

SLIVER

Very Active Member
Hoping you guys can enlighten me on the application process for elk as a non-resident.

1. If another non-res applicant and I put in for elk together, how do our points work? Are they averaged and rounded up like in other states?

2. What is the cost for a non-resident elk application? I know the deer ends up being like $30 if you don't draw, or if you only apply for a preference point, but can't find the stats on elk.

Sorry for the elementary questions, but the Colorado guide book doesn't seem to have the answers I am looking for, or I am not smart enough to find them in the book, haha.

Thanks for any help you are willing to give.

}}-SLIVER-->

CO does not average points, so whatever the lowest point total of one of the applicants is the number you will have. So if one person has 10 and one person has 1, you both have 1.

On question 2 I think the fees for points are the same for both but not sure. I know you have to pay the full amount when applying for a bull tag. They refund the difference of the points.

Rich

#2 correct, however you only need to buy 1 habitat stamp, so once that is purchased for initial license/application it doesn't get added to any others for that year.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Page 2 of, the proclamation makes Preference point fees clear.
$40.00 per species. (Non Resident)
(Read How to avoid it) you have until March 31,2016 to purchase a license for 2015.
$56.00 spent now for a Non Resident small game license, could save you $160.00 if you apply for all 4 species.
Hope this Helps :)

Cost for a Non Resident application varies.

$629 for Bull or Either sex + $10.00 Habitat stamp if needed.

$ 469 for cow or PP only.

$103.75 Youth

Also on page 2

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info Kelk. I will read up on it a little more for sure. It seems complicated, but I am sure once I learn their method it will be more simple.

}}-SLIVER-->

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom