Colorado Petition

Alamosa

info from Senator Bill Cadman

Democrat Gun Control Bills to be Heard on Monday

Six far-reaching Democrat sponsored gun control bills are scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee and the State Affairs Committee on MONDAY, MARCH 4th.

Take action today. Click here to sign the petition

If these bills pass, we will lose our rights, reduce our safety, and we will watch multiple companies close their doors, fire their employees and move out of Colorado.

Have your voice heard. Come to the Capitol Monday, March 4th to tell your Senator to put the rights of law-abiding citizens before out-of-state special interests.

It is imperative that Coloradans make their voices heard, now!

Committees will begin at 10:30 AM on the second floor in the Old Supreme Court Chambers and on the third floor, room 356, of the Capitol.

Summary of six gun control bills that have been introduced.

HB 1224: Bans magazines with a capacity of more than 15 bullets. Magazines owned prior to the ban can be kept but cannot be transferred or sold.

HB 1226: Prohibits concealed carry on public college campuses.

HB 1228: Charges fees for background checks.

HB 1229: Requires a background check to be conducted by a licensed firearms dealer before any sale or transfer of a firearm. ?Transfer? includes lending a firearm to a friend or family member on a temporary basis.

SB 195: Requires concealed carry permit applicants to complete training in-person.

SB 196: Makes users, owners, sellers, distributors, and manufacturers of firearms liable for harm caused by any firearm that was under their control at one point in time, but is later misused by someone else.

Take action today. Click here to sign the petition

http://www.coloradosenatenews.com/?q=content/stand-2nd-amendment

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-13 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-13 AT 09:04?PM (MST)

Wait just one minute. According to Ziggy, Eldorko, and Dude on this forum there is no agenda that Democrats are out after our guns. You must be mistaken that a Western state like Colorado has enough liberal democrats to go after our guns. Must be a conspiracy by the GOP and NRA.

You can bet that last bill you posted was dreamed up by a liberal Democrat that is a shyster lawyer. That means if you sell a gun and someone else down the line misuses it, they can come back at you with a civil law suit and everybody else that owned that gun at one time.

RELH

that fricking Wayne Lapierre......he'll be headed to eastern Montana soon...wtfu Nemont.....

Limit all US politicians to two terms.. One in office
One in prison ......
Illinois already does this, and it seems to be working for them.

The only part of that I'd be the least concerned with is the 196 bill, and that's not going to happen. the rest of it could pass today for all I care, missing the a new episode of The Family Guy tonight is for more of an issue to me.

How does this translate into them taking my guns RELH? do tell.

Stay thirsty my friends

There's nothing in those CO bills that take guns away. But I would not be surprised if many of those bills become amended or die in committee.

Eldorado

You two dorks better read the intire wording of the bills being offered in Colorado. You might be in for a shock, no! I take that back. You two could care less about other gun owners in this state. You are part of the ME_ME_ME generation that only gives a crap about what is in it for you.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-13 AT 03:43PM (MST)[p]http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/3/colorado-bill-would-ban-standard-shotgun/

This is the Colorado liberal agenda now in writing. During the hearing there was also documented words from democrats stating their desire to eliminate firearms.

This is a gun grab!!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Here we go again. anyone care to bet that CO will not come take your 1911 away? com'on lipflaps lets do this.

So if I lived in CO I wouldn't give two shiites.

Stay thirsty my friends

Doesn't look like any of the bills died in committee. If they can pass bills such as the one that make sellers liable, they can pass anything. Hopefully the courts can do something.

Looks like the NY supreme court will hear a citizen suit against Emperor Cuomo's new gun laws so it ain't over 'till it's over. Now they are saying the universal background check law may never see the light of day in Congress. States can pass what they want and drive manufacturers out but it will all be settled in the USSC some day. You can't loan your 30-06 to your brother for an elk hunt?

It's all going to end at the supreme court, all we're doing now is creating cases for them to accept to rule on.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom