Colorado Record Desert Ram

DocVideo

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows the current state record for Colorado Desert. My wife killed a really good ram this past Fall and I can't find the current state record. I know you'll all want to see a pic but her story will be coming out in one of the popular hunting mags so I'll post some after that, sorry. But would like some record info.
Thanks,
Adam

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-13 AT 04:48PM (MST)[p]I don't know the record for a Desert in Colorado, but I saw an internet picture of a killer ram taken by a woman this year. I assume that was your wife. It is the biggest desert I have seen come from Colorado. Congratulations! What magazine?

The site link below gives length and base measurements of previous harvests, which might give you a general idea, but I don't know where you would find anything more specific.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/hunting/biggame/statistics/pages/statistics.aspx

Following are the results based on the options you selected:
CATEGORY Desert Sheep, YEARS 2000 to Current Year, AWARDS MINIMUM 165, ALL-TIME MINIMUM 168, LOCATION Colorado USA, SORT BY SCORE DESC, RANK ASC

175 6/8

San Miguel Co., CO

Daniel R. Meadors

Daniel R. Meadors

Mesa Co., CO

Richard B. Sapa, Sr.

Richard B. Sapa, Sr.

166 3/8

Mesa Co., CO

James L. Aragon

James L. Aragon

Not sure of her harvest score but this will give you 2 an idea of her placement in the All Time B&C Colorado records listed.

Robb

Thanks Guys,
Her ram officially scores 172 5/8 net. So that should put her at the number 2 spot. Her story will be coming out in Eastmans Hunting Journal.
Adam

Here is a pic of Dan Meadors ram a few minutes before he killed it.

856desert_ram.jpg

Man that is a beauty!! Looks real similar to my wife's ram, just a touch heavier! Looks like the flats just past the Pyramids? But there are other areas that look similar to that. Did you help Dan on the Hunt? Would love to see other photos before, after, if you have them.
Adam

I did not help on the hunt. I know Dan through work. He is a good guy. Sorry, I can't be much help on details as I am not familiar with the area. Here are a couple of after photos.

2197desert_ram_left.jpg

9252desert_ram_right.jpg

Beautiful Ram. Congrats to Dan.
DocVideo's wife's ram is as pretty as they get as well!
Can't wait to read the story.

That is one great Ram and article your Mrs has in the new Eastman's Journal, Adam.

Page 14 I believe it starts on.

congrats Mrs. Black!

Robb

+1 to what Robb said!
That is as pretty as Desert sheep get and it sounds like it was a great family experience. I'd love to see the video!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom