Colorado Reissued Tag!

shedneck

I'm a big fan of the reissue process that Colorado has. I was able to get a unit 25/26 4th season deer tag today after many unsuccessful attempts. People are quick on the keyboard!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the hunt. Like always, I'm not looking for spots to hunt, I would just like to hear opinions on the hunt in general.

I believe that unit took 5 points to draw last year, so as a non-resident, I'm grateful for any chance to hunt deer in Colorado, especially during the rut and on a unit that takes at least 5 years to draw.

Nice tag! You should be able to find a good one. Dont be too quick on the trigger and a big buck could show up. I ve thought about that tag and I wish you good luck.

Thank you. Laying off the trigger isn't easy for me. I'm just excited to have a deer tag in my pocket.

I had that license last year. It was mostly warm and the deer were not moving as much as in past years. I never saw a solid buck and came home empty. I was disappointed in both the number of deer and the quality of the deer. I'd ben there before and it was measurably worse than a few years prior.

That said, you might find a big one. Same story as most places. Get away from roads and hunt hard. Be sure of the property lines, too. Public/private can be an issue there, too.

Please provide a report. I'll be curious to hear how it went for you. Best of luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom