Colorado Sheep

wymoosehunter

Just got the Colorado sheep/goat regs the other day. I knew that Colorado was going to open up the Desert for Non-resident. I think that is a great opportunity for all. I applaud Colorado for getting to this point with the Deserts.
A benefit for those Non Residents is that it will lessen numbers applying for a Rocky making for better drawing odds. However, Colorado got down right stingy with good Rocky units for non-residents.
Every good/great Rocky state (MT, WY, ID, NM) gives non-resident hunters a chance to draw in multiple super quality units, but Colorado keeps pigeon-holing NR's to lesser units and this year is no different. Every unit that I had applied for in the past, both as a NR and a resident, is no longer an option for a NR. All the different units that I have scouted, hunted, and know vanished as a NR option.
Colorado's DOW budget it almost exclusively funded from NR hunters. Hopefully Colorado will get with it and open up at least one high quality unit to NR's (I know that someone will know of a great ram in one or more lesser known units open to NR's, but that is not the point).
Maybe I will just get points and wait until I move back to Colorado the year they give out a tag and draw the Ranching for Wildlife tag and hunt out of the fancy private lodge/land and kill a Booner (lol-those in the know, know what I am referring to).
Not trying to start a fight, just making a valid observation.
WyMo

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom