Colorado to Wyoming deer migration

So is Wyoming. What’s your point? Buffer zones are important and needed regardless if it’s limited quota or not...
The Baggs area certainly isn’t LQ but they have placed a significant 4 point APR in place. The LQ provides the buffer the deer require to improve buck/doe ratios and herd survivability with decreased human stress and pressure. One of the reasons Colorado deer hunting is superior to Wyoming and why Wyoming needs more buffer zones. I doubt you’ll comprehend it though.

The Baggs area certainly isn’t LQ but they have placed a significant 4 point APR in place. The LQ provides the buffer the deer require to improve buck/doe ratios and herd survivability with decreased human stress and pressure. One of the reasons Colorado deer hunting is superior to Wyoming. I doubt you’ll comprehend it though.
Yes it is limited quota. There is a set number of non resident permits and it’s limited to the number of people in Wyoming, thus limited quota.

In other words it’s a General License area, purchased across the counter. I rest my case. You don’t comprehend much. LMFAO.:cool::alien::cool::alien::cool::alien:
What if your tag comes in the mail and it doesn’t cross a counter? Is it still over the counter?

What if your tag comes in the mail and it doesn’t cross a counter? Is it still over the counter?
Since you’re having such a hard time comprehending it.

You ate all the Christmas ham now your pants are filled with jam. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

When you're swimming in a creek, and you're shorts start to leak. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

You drank too much prune juice, now you have a runny deuce. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

Your girlfriend sits in your lap, and in your pants you crap. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

You thought it was some chocolate, now there's poop stains on your pocket. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

Colorado doesnt have better deer hunting because it's limited quota. It's because of the habitat. Just like why we have better antelope hunting in wyoming then anywhere else.

Limited Quota had a huge beneficial impact on Colorado deer hunting and was a large public effort to improve their downward spiraling deer hunting. The Colorado success story is well documented of how Limited Quota hunting improved trophy quality.
All Colo units went to draw in 1999. In the period from 1998 - 2002 there were only 46 typical and 13 nontypical bucks entered from Colo in the B&C books. In the 5 year period from 2003 - 2007 after all tags were limited there were 154 typical and 31 nontypical B&C bucks harvested in Colo. That's almost a 3x increase in B&C bucks harvested in only a few years after going to limited..

Even after the horrific back-to-back winters in 2007 and 2008 there were still 97 typical and 14 nontypical B&C bucks harvested in the 5 year period from 2008 - 2012. That's still almost 2x the B&C bucks! Every 5 year period since tags have been limited there have been 2x more B&C bucks/year harvested in Colo than when tags were general OTC. Yes Colorado has better overall deer habitat but properly managed limited quota hunting has greatly improved their deer hunting. I doubt they will ever go back to General license OTC hunting.

Good video! People can argue about this that or the other until they are blue in the face. But the facts are that most deer that have to migrate a long distance or any distance, especially during a really bad winter have a deadly path in front of them! Fences, Highways, ect, even just lower speed roads to cross are dangerous. It's good to see some of these states working to keep the travel paths open as much as they can. The wildlife crossings have helped I think, which is a great thing!

The video was meh at best. Really no information no data, nothing just what we already know. Deer migrate, they face barriers to migration and we should try to decrease those barriers.

This is the working group dedicated at preserving and addressing issues in the Baggs migration corridor. The good news is the corridor does not have significant highway issues (some but not like other areas). On the flip side the area is scattered with miles of deadly fences left over from the sheep days. Also they are having issues on the west end with wild horses and a big one from all the oil and gas, massive invasive weeds issues.

Last I checked Colorado was strictly Limited Quota. LMFAO. Again........ SlightlyIncoherent doesn’t understand or comprehend well.:cool::alien::cool::alien::devilish::devilish:
Just because it is limited tags does not mean they are not screwing it all up? Many people falsely equate the limited tags movement with improved management. Sadly there are tons of units in Colorado that prove this false. Hell the entire NW section of the state is falling hard, killing deer for CWD and the late seasons has already destroyed the deer quality in the NW for the next 10 years and that is if they stopped now and righted the wrongs. But they have a 3-5 year plan before they scale back killing every mature buck they can find.

PS not an attack on you or trying to muddy the water with SS, but it is often a misconception that moving a unit to limited is some magic thing.

Just because it is limited tags does not mean they are not screwing it all up? Many people falsely equate the limited tags movement with improved management. Sadly there are tons of units in Colorado that prove this false. Hell the entire NW section of the state is falling hard, killing deer for CWD and the late seasons has already destroyed the deer quality in the NW for the next 10 years and that is if they stopped now and righted the wrongs. But they have a 3-5 year plan before they scale back killing every mature buck they can find.

PS not an attack on you or trying to muddy the water with SS, but it is often a misconception that moving a unit to limited is some magic thing.
Normally going Limited Quota is a past management practice Failure. The deer hunting had gotten so bad Colorado made a bold move to take the whole state into a Limited Quota action. I also don’t see any movement by Colorado to ever go back to General License OTC tags.
Limited Quota had a huge beneficial impact on Colorado deer hunting and was a large public effort to improve their downward spiraling deer hunting. The Colorado success story is well documented of how Limited Quota hunting improved trophy quality.
All Colo units went to draw in 1999. In the period from 1998 - 2002 there were only 46 typical and 13 nontypical bucks entered from Colo in the B&C books. In the 5 year period from 2003 - 2007 after all tags were limited there were 154 typical and 31 nontypical B&C bucks harvested in Colo. That's almost a 3x increase in B&C bucks harvested in only a few years after going to limited..

Even after the horrific back-to-back winters in 2007 and 2008 there were still 97 typical and 14 nontypical B&C bucks harvested in the 5 year period from 2008 - 2012. That's still almost 2x the B&C bucks! Every 5 year period since tags have been limited there have been 2x more B&C bucks/year harvested in Colo than when tags were general OTC. Yes Colorado has better overall deer habitat but properly managed limited quota hunting has greatly improved their deer hunting. I doubt they will ever go back to General license OTC hunting.

The video was meh at best. Really no information no data, nothing just what we already know. Deer migrate, they face barriers to migration and we should try to decrease those barriers.

This is the working group dedicated at preserving and addressing issues in the Baggs migration corridor. The good news is the corridor does not have significant highway issues (some but not like other areas). On the flip side the area is scattered with miles of deadly fences left over from the sheep days. Also they are having issues on the west end with wild horses and a big one from all the oil and gas, massive invasive weeds issues.

Many of those Baggs area deer are deer that Summer/Fall in Colorado and then come into Wyoming well after the hunting season is over. Colorado benefits hugely by this action. I agree with all of your reasons on Baggs. Keep up the good work and Thanks for volunteering. Those old fences are a real mess and you guys are identifying and fixing the problems. Nobody in current administration will fix the Wild horse problem and the drought in those Baggs areas are getting extreme. Along with too many hunters for the available resource. Going to an APR will help short term but it’s a vicious 3-4 year cycle and always seems like we end up back where we started but with less deer and more hunters. The area has too many side by sides and 4 wheelers going fully unregulated by BLM. Making much of the area roadless would surely help. I also would like to see Wyoming have a few limited late hunts out there to capitalise on those Migrating deer from Colorado which winter in Wyoming. If you hear of any big water guzzler projects in the area looking for volunteers be sure and post it as I and a few friends enjoy those projects.

Last edited:
Since you’re having such a hard time comprehending it.

You ate all the Christmas ham now your pants are filled with jam. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

When you're swimming in a creek, and you're shorts start to leak. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

You drank too much prune juice, now you have a runny deuce. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

Your girlfriend sits in your lap, and in your pants you crap. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.

You thought it was some chocolate, now there's poop stains on your pocket. Yes it’s still Diarrhea.
your arguing with a door knob. SS doesn't have the fortitude to watch a 30 minute video much less comprehend what this guy is doing. this is a guy that thinks walking form the cooler to the truck is a back country experience. just block his comments and move on. really cool video

your arguing with a door knob. SS doesn't have the fortitude to watch a 30 minute video much less comprehend what this guy is doing. this is a guy that thinks walking form the cooler to the truck is a back country experience. just block his comments and move on. really cool video
*You’re *This *from *Just *Really *video.

The guy picks up moose sheds in the backcountry of alaska on the weekends skirting around grizzlys that would make you chit yourself obviously hes hurt your feelings jpickett cause you're making stuff up also shoot something besides a coyote for your profile pic its weak i can choot em in the noggin too
20180816_073054.jpg

Last edited:
Im not sure I’m at your level. My level is sheep hunts, musk ox hunts, mountain goats, stuff like that. I would love to go drive around in the country experience where you probably get a little scared when you don’t see your truck…

you two love birds really should get a room. very progressive though being open with the man love. good for you kids (y)

The guy picks up moose sheds in the backcountry of alaska on the weekends skirting around grizzlys that would make you chit yourself obviously hes hurt your feelings jpickett cause you're making stuff up also shoot something besides a coyote for your profile pic its weak i can choot em in the noggin tooView attachment 42981
you must be real impressed with coopers tractor huh?

No I would have known if I hurt his little feelers, he is not scared to tell the big cheese if someone made his little eyes water, I think I got a week off last time the little feller had allergies?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom