Colorado Unit 21/30 Archery Deer

N

NickJ1980

Has anyone hunted these units? A friend and I both drew (even on separate applications) and I want to get some first hand informaation on these units. I have never hunted big game there, but have scouted for lions and coyotes enough to be vaguely familiar with Unit 30 south of Douglas and Baxter Passes. I know these units are mostly public, but the map shows most of the water on private ground (which isn't going to mean much with the weather the way its been) and much of Unit 30 is poor summer habitat. Is there a good spot to find deer AND elk, or are they well segregated? Where is a good place to camp? Is there good access in 21 from the Rangely side? Which unit has better summer range? What does the Colorado Hunt Report have to say about these units? If you prefer not to spill the beans publicly please e-mail me at [email protected] Any and all information is deeply appreciated, and if anyone wants to know about Units 41, 42, or 52 I might be able to help. Thanks guys!

I was in both GMU's last week. Saw the most deer & elk on Douglas Pass which divides both units. Most were on the 21 side

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom