Colorado unit 22 HELP!!!!

>Have any of you guys hunted
>this unit recently?

Come on--someone here has to know something about this unit??? I might be getting a 3rd season (deer) tag and would like to know what I can expect.

You can expect lots of oil rigs, roads and deer. Some darn nice bucks come out of there every year, later the better. With that being said a group of my friends that have hunted calamity ridge since before the draw quotas were established have moved to other units after last year. Access is getting more limited and the oil rig traffic has exploded. Get off the roads, down into the deepest draws you can find and you will do well. Also, if you want more info do a search on gmu 22 there is a ton of info on that unit.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

We hunted unit 22 last year and we drew deer permits again for this year. Are you looking for deer or elk? As mentioned there is allot of oil field activity and you'll run run into allot of hunters, until you get off the roads and get down into some of the canyons.

Smokepole

It's a 3rd season deer landowner/voucher that I'm thinking about dropping a grand on--Is this unit worth it? I'm definately not afraid to get away from the roads so that won't be a problem. Do you guys know of any other units in this price range that would be better? Thanks!

For a grand...... If you really need to go, do it. That is about 4-5K less than the 3rd season voucher I looked at for across the road in 21 last year. Those bucks will be on both sides of the road so why not! 22 gets better as the rut kicks in. Last year the weather gods helped out and some nice bucks were taken.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom