Colorado unit 28

I'm planning on hunting GMU 28 in Colorado for archery mule deer and was wondering about the terrain in the unit and hunting pressure appreciate any info. Thanks in advance and I would be willing to swap info on Montana . Pm if your interested

28 is not a great deer unit. Not to say that a guy couldn't find a buck but it seems a ton of OTC elk pressure and has generally low success for deer in all seasons. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

So is the low success because of a lack of deer or just because of the pressure and is it not possible to get away from the majority of the people

So if I were to spend 10 days or so in that unit would it be reasonable to expect to find a few bucks granted nothing is a given with deer but looking at google earth it seems like there's a lot of good country for deer if you can get away from people

when i was in 28 i only seen 5 hunters total where i was hunting and that was it there was 2 in one truck and three in the other

It is a giant unit so if you are motivated you can spread out… few years ago when my buddy took me there, tons of trucks and camps at a trailhead… but we never saw anyone when we left… that said better be okay with so gnarly deadfall fields

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom