Colorado Unit 40

stilltrying

Looking to hunt unit 40 (2nd season deer) next year. Wondering if you can hunt out of Grand Junction and the BLM land on the east side of the unit or if you are best served - hunting the west side of the unit by the Utah border.

It is about an hour drive from GJ to out west. So, you can hunt from GJ. You might, might, be able to hunt off the Tabeguache, of the east end and walk up, if you have a sxs or a REAL 4x4. It is a Jeep trail and I do mean trail. Your 4x4 needs 18" of clearance.

Correct
You can park at Bang’s Canyon and go in.
It’s not that bad but don’t take a stock truck in there unless it’s a beater!

Thanks for the responses, how is the drive over to glade park from GJ. Is that road fairly passable with a 4 x 4 truck or would you suggest a side by side.

I think I answered my own question looking at google - if you take the road up to Bang Canyon and continue on that road it goes right into Glade Park. Looks like all paved. Is that the best way to get to glade park?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom