3rd season options

muleys3434

I am looking for some input with the draw deadline approaching. I can draw units 40, 53 and 54 3rd season. I’ve hunted 53, it was a fun hunt but did not see anything over 170’s. Been in unit 40 a while ago and only driven through unit 54 seen lots of bucks and does in the winter. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Currently as things are, you have almost just as good a chance of seeing a 170+ class buck on certain 2nd choice 2nd season tags as you do in the gunnison basin or a lot of other units that take 10+ points to draw a 3rd or 4th. If its 170 or bust for you, prepare for disappointment.

This issue has been hashed out numerous times, including the units youve mentioned, in several posts, that are currently close to or near the top of the Colorado and Mule Deer forums. Good luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom