Colorado Unit 5 Deer 3rd Season

W

woodtick

Hey Guys,

My Wife drew this tag and i was wondering what kind of deer i should expect to see, we backpack alot and gettin away from the road is no problem. I've talked to biologists, wardens, forest service personel, and my cousin knows a couple people in the area, i was plannin huntin the forest near the wyoming border. I noticed in the Eastmans Hunting Journal that carbon county, wyoming was #2 #3 in the # of B&C entries in last 10 years out of the top ten B&C producing counties, does anyone know if these deer migrate out of wyoming into this unit, i've searched all over the web for more info on this unit, any kind of info will help

Thanks Guys,
The Woodtick

Come on Guys, I go to School Full-Time and Drive Truck 45+ hours a week. I have no chance to scout this area except a couple days before the season, it's my wife's first hunt and i would love to get her a buck around 20"-24" 3 or 4 point Score doesn't matter. i really need your help, just point me in a general direction is all i'm askin.

Thanks,
The Woodtick

I havebeen told that where units 4 and 5 meet ,there has been a big improvment in the quallity of bucks in the area.That is where I am headed this fall.

I hope i don't regret drawing this tag, doesn't sound like very many people have hunted it before.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom