Colorado Unit #53

bigmuleyboy

I drew out muzzy deer and was looking at google earth. I am not quite sure of the boundry line from 53 to 55 on the south east side
from porcupine pass to castle pass. Is part of soap basin in 53 or all of soap basin in 55? What kind of deer have been taken on the muzzy? Any 180 + bucks taken since 2008. Thanks for the information. I can't believe the success on 53 third season deer!

I KNOW GROUPS THAT HAS HUNTED 53 A COUPLE OF TIMES RECENTLY, THE RESULTS WERE NOT MUCH MORE THAN AVG/TO SMALL BUCKS. ITS STILL IN THE REBOUND STAGE AS TO WHAT IT WAS 6-7 YEARS AGO. THE POINT CREEP HAS THE NR HUNTER 3RD SEASON AT 9 POINTS CURRENTLY, WITH TAGS REDUCED DOWN TO 26 FOR THE NON RES HUNTER. THATS A LOT OF POINTS TO BURN FOR AVG. BUCKS...................YD.

Oooops....I put 55 instead of 54. I really have not had any information on bucks from other hunters. But I think your probably spot on for average bucks. From my internet search I have mixed opinions on the West Elk Wilderness from no human sign at all to horse tracks on every trail leading and in the wilderness. Just learning about the outfitters in 53. Thanks for the info. I like DIY hunts and I have never used an outfitter.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom