Colorado Unit 62

DUKFVR

Hello to All.New here. Getting ready to start coming back up to Col to hunt again. Been 20 yrs since the last time. We always hunted 62 & it was a mad house at times. We hunted up off of divide rd near Columbine campground. Dad & Uncle had some glory days up there in the 60's & they took me up there in the 80's. They were in for a big surprise how things changed. Now that they have the deer hunters limited I was gonna try & see some time there again. Not looking for anyones spots or such. Just looking at what to really expect again. Would probably try the 2nd season to start off & stay in the area I know 1st. After I get my feet wet again would start putting in for the 3rd season to draw PP's. Is it as bad up there or wors than in the past? I know elk licenses are OTC so I expect a big push from them. Are the deer lower than that in the 2nd season? We never tried much else ,because the 2 old timers were pretty much set in their ways. I'm willing to get out & search new areas if it would be worth it . Any info or suggestions would be GREATLY Appreciated.

DUKFVR,

Do you have any prefence points? Can we assume your a non resident? If so, you will most likely need at least 1 point to draw 2nd season, 2 pts for 3rd, and 7 pts for 4th season - Deer. I would suggest elk hunting and accumulating points if your stuck on 62 or get a ppoint and a left over for another area if you want to deer hunt. Look at the hunt odds hear on MM it will help a lot.

nrueh

Nonresident here & figured I would need a point or 2. Looking at the DOW book shows none needed ,but I in know how that goes. I'm gonna put in for the hunt to start accrueing PP's. I'm thinking the way to go might be get the points for the later seasons. Really not interested in the elk hunting at this point. Saw quite a few deer in the past on hunts,but in those days in was tough to find a legal buck. Never saw many elk & never a shooter bull. I figured I squandered 20 yrs away & after taking my Family up there last summer to show them where we hunted ,the bug hit me like a rock. THANKS for the help & I have started taking this all in here.

DUK, The DOW book doesn't tell you if you need points, only if the hunt was undersubscribed. Same thing i guess once I think about it. Anyways, the "Hunt Odds" on here and other places is a great tool. Knowing how many points are needed allows you to plan a year or many years ahead. 62 for deer has been pretty consistant points wise the last few years. Good Luck!!!

lots of deer...and enough hunters to make it interesting...get off the beaten path and you will have a blast...btw...pick-up a bear tag..

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom