Colorado vs. Wyoming

nripepi

Very Active Member
Anyone think that Colorado waited until the Wyoming hunt application period ended in order to put up the results? I know the back door has been open, but for those not sure if they drew 1st or 2nd choice, it might have influenced their decision on applying in Wyoming? Just seems like the two states are in direct competition with each other for non-resident money.

Maybe I should ask the question, did anyone out there not apply in Wyoming because they did not know their Colorado results?

It s possible, especially after I seen the way N.D, S.D, MN, and WI had their non resident war in the late 90's.

However I think this situation is more related to what happened with CO's draw system a couple years ago when they had all those issues with people getting/not getting tags that were supposed to or not.

They got burnt and so now they do it this way to reduce/eliminate that risk.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Nope, no tinfoil hat. Why did Wyoming move their deadline from March 15 to May 31? I think to get more applications from those that did not draw in NV, NM, UT, and CO. Just curious if CO would fight back any hoping to pull in OTC or leftover tags.

With all the otc tags Colorado offers up, in a sense there is no competition. The old line "if we don't draw we can always go to colorado" keeps our hills full every fall.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom