Colorado Wolves

Well, it's official
What a fing joke! Libtards doing what libtards do! Absolute lying pieces of ****! They’ve already transplanted the wolves well before this and they know it! My GOD these people actually make me sick! At some point good common sense people are going to have to take a stand with these idiots.

Most People Won't Need A Brochure on what to do if you encounter a wolf in the wild!

And Where Are They Putting Them?

In Some Of What Use To Be The Best Deer Habitat In The State!

Somebody Better Show Them Wolves Where The Colorado Line Meets The DRATville Border!

Saw something recently of a Michigan woof making its way to Manitoba and getting snuffed there sucker traveled so folks who think they will stay around where they dropped them have something else coming… I hope a Utah rancher files suit against the state if there is any depredation

Most People Won't Need A Brochure on what to do if you encounter a wolf in the wild!

And Where Are They Putting Them?

In Some Of What Use To Be The Best Deer Habitat In The State!

Somebody Better Show Them Wolves Where The Colorado Line Meets The DRATville Border!

Why?

All the money we gave BGF.

You know what Utah's ACTUAL policy and agreement in wolves crossing into Utah is?

We allow them to be recaptured.

Yup, you read correctly. We don't shoot them. We identify them, contact Colorado, and let Colorado recapture them.

That's what we got for our wolf money to BGF.

I'd like to read what the real stance was from the CDW on this.
I can't imagine them being in favor of losing revenue to Wolves with the upcoming losses in Elk numbers.

What a fing joke! Libtards doing what libtards do! Absolute lying pieces of ****! They’ve already transplanted the wolves well before this and they know it! My GOD these people actually make me sick! At some point good common sense people are going to have to take a stand with these idiots.
They naturally moved in from WY. Grow up.

I can't imagine them being in favor of losing revenue to Wolves with the upcoming losses in Elk numbers.
They were given a gag order, just like the one they will have for the Mt. Lion, bobcat, lynx ban… lots of the low level employees are obviously against those things, but the brass which has been hand picked by the current ruling party is full steam ahead with recreating wildlife management in their image, basically dismantling and destroying “north American wildlife management” basing things on equity, inclusion and diversity… lots of feelings not a whole lot of science…

They are not allowed personal opinion. They must do as their leader says or be replaced. Just ask JT...Now if it fits the governors agenda then please by all means state employees, spout away.

Yep it’s absolutely ruined the hunting in the states with wolves 😂
I think Colorado is a much different dynamic than states like; Alaska, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana etc.. I think the improvement in places like idahos elk hunting as of recently can be much attributed to their aggressive management on wolves over the last decade. However I think Shiras moose are the ones that ultimately suffer from the introduction of wolves.

I think Colorado is a much different dynamic than states like; Alaska, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana etc.. I think the improvement in places like idahos elk hunting as of recently can be much attributed to their aggressive management on wolves over the last decade. However I think Shiras moose are the ones that ultimately suffer from the introduction of wolves.
Spot on, we have greater infrastructure, population, recreation. Not the same comparisons. The moose herd they worked so hard to bring here is going to get wiped!

Colorado is done.

“The overall goal is to engage children in the future of wolf recovery in Colorado and encourage more sensitive management of the wolf population through spreading awareness that children care for the fates of each reintroduced animal (as well as those to be born in Colorado),” Kelly Murphy, animal care supervisor for the organization, wrote in an email.

Idaho was having elk problems before wolf reintroduction. I don’t think CO is much different at all from the other states. I think it feels good to say it is though. I agree CO Shiras moose are going to crash but I honestly don’t care as they are not native to CO anyhow.

Hunters need to realize that the world doesn’t revolve around them. And it’s going to be ok. You’ll still going to be able to hunt.

Idaho was having elk problems before wolf reintroduction. I don’t think CO is much different at all from the other states. I think it feels good to say it is though. I agree CO Shiras moose are going to crash but I honestly don’t care as they are not native to CO anyhow.

Hunters need to realize that the world doesn’t revolve around them. And it’s going to be ok. You’ll still going to be able to hunt.
I think a lot of the issue will stem from Colorado not having huge open spaces. I could stomach natural existence of them. I really didnt liked the political side of this.

I think a lot of the issue will stem from Colorado not having huge open spaces. I could stomach natural existence of them. I really did liked the political side of this.
Agreed! It’s really not the wolves that bother me, it’s the way that this whole thing is being crammed down our throats that bothers me.

They are not allowed personal opinion. They must do as their leader says or be replaced. Just ask JT...Now if it fits the governors agenda then please by all means state employees, spout away.

You couldn’t fire a CPW employee if you tried.

I think a lot of the issue will stem from Colorado not having huge open spaces. I could stomach natural existence of them. I really didnt liked the political side of this.
I can understand that. I don’t think it’s going to take them too long to figure out where to hang out for the most part. Of course there will be some conflict just like there is with elk, mountain lions etc. no different.

At least it went to a vote which is as about as fair as you can get IMHO.

Hopefully the path to being able to hunt them in CO is more timely than the other states!

Agreed! It’s really not the wolves that bother me, it’s the way that this whole thing is being crammed down our throats that bothers me.
How is it being crammed down your throat? It went to a vote. Other states were not so lucky.

Be honest with yourself. You say such childish things like “big coyote” and “libtards”. You do have a problem with wolves. You sound like the CO version of Joe Biden FFS. Just rambling saying nonsense that isn’t true.

If you really think some organization/dept/someone would risk the political blowout that they transplanted wolves early you are no better than what you hate. 🤡

I can understand that. I don’t think it’s going to take them too long to figure out where to hang out for the most part. Of course there will be some conflict just like there is with elk, mountain lions etc. no different.

Hopefully the path to being able to hunt them in CO is more timely than the other states!

The issue with the vote is the voters aren't in areas where there will be wolves.

If Denver and Boulder want them, they should get them first

It’s is what it is. I voted against it, the east slope voted for it. Look up the break down of counties wanting them. And it wasn’t as if they were voting them to be in Rocky Mountain national park. It was only the west slope. I’m hoping that there will be a robust management plan. But I doubt our government is capable.

1701646588213.png

The blue represents the pro wolf counties.

How is it being crammed down your throat? It went to a vote. Other states were not so lucky.

Be honest with yourself. You say such childish things like “big coyote” and “libtards”. You do have a problem with wolves. You sound like the CO version of Joe Biden FFS. Just rambling saying nonsense that isn’t true.

If you really think some organization/dept/someone would risk the political blowout that they transplanted wolves early you are no better than what you hate. 🤡
Meh! Stop taking everything so serious boy.

They put it in the legislation ( that absolutely no one read, oh and didn’t let the CDW comment on the issue) that they will never be hunted. Which is why I was/ am sooooo against the introduction.

If they let them naturally migrate to the south and said hey looks like we have x number of packs… when they hit 400-500 strong in the state we will allow a regulated hunting of them, I think a lot would be okay with it. Hell a lobby had to sue to get an exception to kill a wolf to protect livestock, even then I wouldn’t want to be the one to prove that I was protecting stock, they will crucify anyone who touches them

It’s is what it is. I voted against it, the east slope voted for it. Look up the break down of counties wanting them. And it wasn’t as if they were voting them to be in Rocky Mountain national park. It was only the west slope. I’m hoping that there will be a robust management plan. But I doubt our government is capable.
There will never be a management plan, it says so right in the legislation, which is why some of us are kind of angry about the thing… wolves will never be hunted in the state, now let SS tell me how it’s just like ID, AK, MT, WY if they let them run rampant and didn’t let anyone hunt them

This are nothing more but another step in the direction to eliminate Colorado rocky mountain agriculture, hunting, and eliminate or drastically reduce shooting sports. This Colorado government does not like traditional ag, hunting or guns of any sort. The wolves are part of a movement which I despise. A few here on MM type with great ignorance not recognizing the final destination.

Last edited:
That’s my point being. Colorado is very over populated and doesn’t have the large expanses of land like that of Wyoming, Idaho or Montana.

This are nothing more but another step in the direction to eliminate Colorado rocky mountain agriculture, hunting, and eliminate or drastically reduce shooting sports. This Colorado government does not like hunting or guns of any sort. The wolves are part of a movement which I despise. A few here on MM type with great ignorance not recognizing the final destination.
Look at the banning of cat hunting with dogs and e callers. It’s very obvious which direction the state is moving. It’s real easy to be an arm chair qb about this. Maybe I’m wrong about all this and wolves humans and our ability to hunt will be all good. I hope I’m wrong.

Look at the banning of cat hunting with dogs and e callers. It’s very obvious which direction the state is moving. It’s real easy to be an arm chair qb about this. Maybe I’m wrong about all this and wolves humans and our ability to hunt will be all good. I hope I’m wrong.
We will loose cat hunting.. I dont have a doubt in my mind. Just like we did spring bear 30 years ago .

I would have to disagree. IF the wolves would be released in Denver, then I may agree, but those in Denver voted to release wolves far from them.
Another example: How about MM have a vote on banning SS. Fair? lol
The vote has came up and it didn’t go the way the poster wanted it to!

The argument where you live is grasping desperately. Residents of CO voted and they chose to get wolves.

What’s your thoughts on hunting deer over feeders?

Not a huge feeder fan, mostly cause it’s boring to sit in a box blind. Do I care not at all. As far as running deer with dogs. What kind of question is that. It’s apples to oranges when it comes to chasing cats.

When I Was younger!

Ya That's Been A While!

Colorado Was A State Perty Much Like Utah!

Yes Newbies, It Was A Republican Majority!

Then Outsiders Started Buying Up Colorado!

Yes,I'll Blame It On Alot Of KALI Transplants!

How You Like That Now?

Not a huge feeder fan, mostly cause it’s boring to sit in a box blind. Do I care not at all. As far as running deer with dogs. What kind of question is that. It’s apples to oranges when it comes to chasing cats.
How’s it apples to oranges? Some areas in the south they chase deer with dogs.

It’s not hard to see the problem people have with chasing lions with dogs. Or hunting spring black bears over bait.

It’s not hard to see the problem people have with chasing lions with dogs. Or hunting spring black bears over bait.
You can hunt deer with fairly good odds without dogs. I spent a lot of time around lion hunting when I was a teenager. There is nothing about chasing lions with dogs that is a walk in the park. If chasing deer was legal in Colorado fine. But comparing the deer to lions and bears is dis ingenuous.

Last edited:

Bottom line is anti hunting communities or those who are non hunters always have a soft spot when it comes to predator hunting and the management of predators

Bottom line is anti hunting communities or those who are non hunters always have a soft spot when it comes to predator hunting and the management of predators
Don’t group anti hunters with non hunters. They are not the same.

Wheb hunters post stupid **** like SSS, stupid pics of coyotes stacked up etc it’s surprising a lot of it hasn’t already been outlawed. Hunters are their own worst enemies

You can hunt deer with fairly good odds without dogs. I spent a lot of time around lion hunting when I was a teenager. There is nothing about chasing lions with dogs that is a walk in the park. If chasing deer was legal in Colorado fine. But comparing the deer to lions and bears is dis ingenuous.
No one said lion hunting with dogs is easy. But from the outside looking in it doesn’t look too sporting. Would hate for lion hunting with dogs to go away but I can see their point of view.

It’s far from being disingenuous, because the question of why isn’t hunting deer with dogs legal in CO?

No one said lion hunting with dogs is easy. But from the outside looking in it doesn’t look too sporting. Would hate for lion hunting with dogs to go away but I can see their point of view.

It’s far from being disingenuous, because the question of why isn’t hunting deer with dogs legal in CO?
I do agree it’s about non hunters perspective. And I disagree with you on wolves in Colorado. It honestly doesn’t matter if I agree with you or not.

Don’t group anti hunters with non hunters. They are not the same.

Wheb hunters post stupid **** like SSS, stupid pics of coyotes stacked up etc it’s surprising a lot of it hasn’t already been outlawed. Hunters are their own worst enemies
Not the same but they can vote the same

I do agree it’s about non hunters perspective. And I disagree with you on wolves in Colorado. It honestly doesn’t matter if I agree with you or not.
You’re right it doesn’t matter. Maybe wolves will not work out in CO? There’s a chance. But going off past history with other western states I think they will be just fine in CO.

🐺 🐺 🐺 🐺

Excellent PSA post, that should be copied so people can get to it quicker when they google “there’s a wolf following me, what do I do?”

I got the look bigger part covered, but what voice command do I use - a firm “DOWN BOY!”? I guess someone needs to invent a
sturdy stick gun.

“Here are a few of the tips related to wolf safety, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife:

1. While in wolf country, make lots of noise when coming or going during dusk and dawn when wolves are most active. This includes when moving about the campsite, as noises are likely to spook wolves away.
  2. Never feed a wolf or make food available that could attract a wolf to where you're at.
  3. Keep livestock inside at night, closing all doors to that space to prevent wildlife, including wolves, from getting in.
  4. Don't feed pets outside, nor should you leave them unattended. It's also important to bring pets inside at night.
  5. When hiking, carry a sturdy stick and bear spray.
  6. Make noise while hiking so as not to surprise wildlife.
  7. Keep pets on a leash while hiking.
  8. If a wolf is encountered, never approach the wolf.
    1. Instead, talk firmly to it and keep eye contact so that the animal knows its been seen.
    2. Back slowly away instead of running to avoid prompting a chase response.
    3. If retreat isn't an option, look as big as possible.
    4. Stay upright instead of sitting down or crouching over.
    5. Put objects between yourself and the wolf.
    6. If the wolf is acting aggressively, be loud. Shout, clap, and blow your emergency whistle.
    7. If an attack seems imminent, use bear spray or swing a large stick at the wolf.
    8. If attacked, fight back and try to remain standing. A wolf's underbelly and face are sensitive areas that can be good to strike.

Excellent PSA post, that should be copied so people can get to it quicker when they google “there’s a wolf following me, what do I do?”

I got the look bigger part covered, but what voice command do I use - a firm “DOWN BOY!”? I guess someone needs to invent a
sturdy stick gun.

“Here are a few of the tips related to wolf safety, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife:

1. While in wolf country, make lots of noise when coming or going during dusk and dawn when wolves are most active. This includes when moving about the campsite, as noises are likely to spook wolves away.
  2. Never feed a wolf or make food available that could attract a wolf to where you're at.
  3. Keep livestock inside at night, closing all doors to that space to prevent wildlife, including wolves, from getting in.
  4. Don't feed pets outside, nor should you leave them unattended. It's also important to bring pets inside at night.
  5. When hiking, carry a sturdy stick and bear spray.
  6. Make noise while hiking so as not to surprise wildlife.
  7. Keep pets on a leash while hiking.
  8. If a wolf is encountered, never approach the wolf.
    1. Instead, talk firmly to it and keep eye contact so that the animal knows its been seen.
    2. Back slowly away instead of running to avoid prompting a chase response.
    3. If retreat isn't an option, look as big as possible.
    4. Stay upright instead of sitting down or crouching over.
    5. Put objects between yourself and the wolf.
    6. If the wolf is acting aggressively, be loud. Shout, clap, and blow your emergency whistle.
    7. If an attack seems imminent, use bear spray or swing a large stick at the wolf.
    8. If attacked, fight back and try to remain standing. A wolf's underbelly and face are sensitive areas that can be good to strike.

This really is helpful info. #3 seems to make the most common sense, just bring the herd in, they can sleep in the living room.

One question I might have though. Swinging a big stick. As the owner of labs, which I assume evolved from wolves, swinging a big stick generally gets the lab to try to jump on you as it believes it's play time. Is this not true of wolves? Seems like having them jump on you might not be the most desired action.

Also, in my job, I visit a lot of homes with dogs. I usually look at them dead in the face and tell them "your not gonna eat me, I taste like hell". Except the littlest of yappers, generally this works and the dog leaves me alone. I'm assuming telling a wolf the same will work and I'll be free to go about my day?

I have family in Colorado, I need to know these things for the next visit.

The tips on how to be safe around potheads from CPS was invaluable last time I traveled east.

Down boy! This would be like the people of Juneau voting to import Utahans ro the rest of Alaska. POV baby.

So you’re saying where the majority of the population is in CO is controlling the state? Well no ****. It’s like there’s a majority of the voting sector there! CO is so unique like this, there’s no other state that has that problem! 😂

Your comparison should really put a dense populace like Anchorage where you used Juneau fyi

So you’re saying where the majority of the population is in CO is controlling the state? Well no ****. It’s like there’s a majority of the voting sector there! CO is so unique like this, there’s no other state that has that problem! 😂

Your comparison should really put a dense populace like Anchorage where you used Juneau fyi
I assumed the mountains would keep them away like it does the grizz…my bad. No matter to me, I gave Jesus the wheel a while ago.

yep, read some article where next week cpw was scheduled to go dart a few in Oregon to bring over here… can’t imagine what that whole goat rope would cost… but who cares it’s not like we are paying for it… oh wait…

Snipped from the USA today article:

<snip>Colorado paid the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service $1 million to complete the environmental impact statement. The state faced time constraints to get the statement completed in time for the 10(j) rule to go into effect before wolves were reintroduced.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife Director Jeff Davis previously praised the expedience in which the statement process was concluded, about half the time it normally takes.

"This demonstrates a sincere and effective commitment by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to accomplish this task on a very accelerated timeline," Davis said in a previous release. "National Environmental Policy Act work typically takes two to three years and it was accomplished in a little over a year-and-a-half."</snip>

f’n bureaucrats. :mad:

Last edited:
Yep they like to not play by the rules, because they know the other side is rule followers… well they might be in for a wake up this time. Civil disobedience might surprise the hell out of them… just be careful out there!

Buzzy is all laughs and grins till Wyo is staring down the barrel of predator bans… remember it takes a whole hell of a lot less people to flip Wyo blue… whatcha gonna do then? Just keep licking the boot?

Yep they like to not play by the rules, because they know the other side is rule followers… well they might be in for a wake up this time. Civil disobedience might surprise the hell out of them… just be careful out there!
How is that working out for Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, etc.?

I heard the same nonsense 30 years ago, the sun didn't stop rising, the earth didn't spin off its axis, and I'm still killing 3-5 elk a year.

How is that working out for Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, etc.?

I heard the same nonsense 30 years ago, the sun didn't stop rising, the earth didn't spin off its axis, and I'm still killing 3-5 elk a year.
You listed 3 states where wolves can be hunted and one where they can’t, pretty sure Oregon is having issues with their wolves. You realize they will never be hunted in Co. I thought you were some conservationist whiz. How is releasing a predator onto the landscape with no checks or balance a good idea? Enlighten us Buzz.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom