Colorado

H

henrymcarty

I have just moved to the Colorado (denver) area, and am not familiar with the hunting here. I have been to the DWR and various sporting shops but would like some info. on where some good muley/and or elk as well as upland and waterfowl hunting might be. I am not looking for limited just somewhere close for birds and where the "better" big game hunting is. I just moved from Utah and still have some hunts there while I wait my 6 month residency,but if anyone would like to show me the ropes in any of the above mentioned categories, it would be appreciated.I have a young Chesapeake that might be handy with waterfowl as well.

Thanks for your email and or response

Henry go east young man, Go out to the plains and hook up with some of those farmers along the river you will have both birds and bucks to hunt, A few weekends spent out there will win you a few friends, Eat at the same cafes those farmer do and get to know a few, Not only will you have a place to hunt but a lifelong friendship.Tell them you also hunt coyotes,and don't mind sharing your meat. You will only get out of it what you put in to it.Good Luck

henrymcarty: Any relation to the Carty family that is involved with U-Haul?

One of the keys that I found out about elk in Colorado, close to the Denver area, is to look for alfalfa fields. You know how elk love alfalfa.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom