Comming to a NF near you

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Check this out people. I've heard about all the road closures comming and it's about to happen. This is nation wide, on National Forest lands. Here is a link to a list of National Forests in CA. and how their travel plans are comming.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/routedesignation/r5rdsites.php

Here is the one for Shasta-Trinity NF. I've spent a good deal of time looking it over. There is going to be a bunch of irate road hunters in a year or two. For those willing to ignore the rules, it could be some of the best hunting ever! You could be the only one with vehicle access to huge areas!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/shastatrinity/news/ohv/ohv-final-maps.shtml

The roads colored green are closed or marked for closure!

How are they going to enforce all those road closures? Impossible if you ask me.

Eel

Wow!!! There is an unbelievable amount of data included in these pages. I downloaded a dozen different area maps and didn't hardly touch all the info.

You're right, bunch of people and many local residents of Plumas and Lassen Co are not going to be at all pleased, myself included.

This must be a Nation wide thing? Just blows me away!!!

Joey

did not appeer to look any differant than what its been! for my areas!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-09 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]they have been blocking off quite a few roads every year now for the last few years,,,, i couldnt really tell by the maps looks like more closed but not sure ,,,, i looked in racks general area also was kinda hard to tell but theres been a gradual closing of a few here and there for quite awhile ,,,, i actually hunt off the closed roads a lot most see them closed and just go right on by ,, wonder if its a quad/off road vehicle thing? enforce? good luck,, budget thing? no money to grade couple times a year? enviro bs?

i'll be up east of McCloud in a few weeks and i'll find out

Wow Eel.. I have to agree with you on how the hell they are going to enforce the closures. I used to hunt in the Big Bar area many years ago and it was laced with roads that went on for miles and miles. Looking at the maps it seems they want to close most of the ones we used.

We mostly hunted clear cuts but used the roads to drop off guys in the areas they wanted to hunt and some of them were pretty far in. It should be interesting to see how it all pans out.

its not just road hunters that will be effected, haven't you ever followed a road into an area then trecked on foot, thanks again Obamma,,,,,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom