Comparison of Kifaru Teepee and Canvas Wall Tent?

GWM

Has anyone compared these two types of tents? I am trying to figure out what is the best camping system to get. It will be mostly late fall truck camping for 2-4 people. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Greg

i seriously doubt that the cheapskates here would fork out the 900 dollars + for a kifaru tipi. i would recommend a tipi versus a wall tent for many reasons. one is the weight factor. two is the single pole design and efficient design of a tipi. it is very roomy and works well in the wind and it sheds water and snow much better than a wall tent. three is it just looks way cool. i could go on but i think you get the point.

by the way, i sent you a pm gwm. if you are serious about the tipis give me a shout. i have some ideas.

elkantler75,

Thanks for the reply and pm. I don't know how to pm back. Nice website. How many people can you get in your bigger tipi models? I am looking for one that will fit 4 people and a cook stove. Thanks again.

Greg

GWM, 6-8 people fit comfortably in the 14 ft. sidewall tipi. for 4 guys i recommend a 12 ft. tipi. all of my tents come with a stovejack with 3,4,or 5 inch hole depending on the diameter of the stovepipe. i use these tents all the time and they are so lightweight and reliable i will never pack in a heavy canvas tent again. elkantler75

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom