Compund Bows

B

bowhuntingboy

I am wondering what the best thing to look for when getting a new bow. Please help me to know the best things to look for when getting a new bow.
Thanks

shoot a bunch

It is really lame advice, but shoot as many different bows as you can and see what works best for you. some bows work better for shooting fingers (longer ATA)than others, but most bows can be shot using a release. For hunting, I have heard that a brace height of 7" should be the minumum, but know quite a few people killed animlas with the PSE Baby G which has a 6.5" brace height. For me, I know that having a solid backwall is very important. My current bow is soft in the back and it is driving me crazy (see my post asking for help ("Help Please")). I am very interested in a short ATA bow, with a 7.25-7.5" brace height with the cam.5 system. Right now, I am looking very hard at the Hoyt "tech" line of bows for myself. I will look more seriously at purchasing one after the season. I don't feel that two weeks before a season starts is a good time to pick up new equipment.

RE: shoot a bunch

Bow-Tec makes a very good bow with solid back wall...and most of their bows have good brace height.

I may be doing that whole "assume" thing here, but I'm assuming that you're young from your handle. How much growing do you have left? If you think quite a bit, buy a bow that fits you well, but will grow with you. I've taken that approach with my son, and it's worked pretty well; he's 15, 6 feet tall (and isn't done) and has only had two bows - both of which he shot/shoots very well. Then pick one that suits your shooting style (fingers or release), fits you well, and go forth and HUNT! Good luck!

Venado muy grande!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom