Computer Crashed

OldJake

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-09 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]My puter crashed again. This is the second time in a couple of months. I had to take it in to get fixed and each time it was about $50. They said I had picked up a virus on both occasions. WTH!!!

Where are the most likely spots that you pick up these bugs? I need to change my bad habits on here or something?

What sucks is that I was worried about getting into the draws late. Plus, I'm sure I missed some good Chit on MM!

I tried to post a pic of Obama on here and got a virus. True story. My mon's husband just got done reformatting the hard drive 3 days ago.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
th_Nuke.gif

I got a virus off this site.
It's called RABBIES.

In the beginning the symptoms are malaise, headache,
and fever, while in later stages it includes acute pain, violent
movements, uncontrolled excitements and depression.
In the final stages you have periods of mania, lethargy, then coma.

I don't remember how I stumbled into this incestuous soap opera,
(note: there are lots of good serious posts here - this site could be so much more) but it's time to die.

Someone... Please kill me!!!

getting virus's is kinda like getting the clap. You have to go somewhere or do somethin you shouldn't have done.

Use an HTML email client like live or hotmail. They will ferret out most of the junk. If you don't know who it's from, delete it. They'll call back if it's important.

Don't click on anything unless you know what it is and what it will do.

NVbadger ... don't worry .. most everybody on this site would put a bullet in your badger head even if you wasn't from Nevada. Given the opportunity.

RUS

Don't ever download anything with an executable in it (.exe) unless its from a trusted site. And no, Adult Friend Finder is not a trusted site ;-)

>I don't remember how I stumbled
>into this incestuous soap opera,
>
>(note: there are lots of good
>serious posts here - this
>site could be so much
>more) but it's time to
>die.
>
>Someone... Please kill me!!!

Maybe it's your virus that is causing you to click that mouse in your right hand that leads you here. Feel free to not click it if you don't like it here.

executable??

Do you mean emails that have an attachment with and ".exe" in the title?

I try to only open those emails from people I know, but I haven't been paying attention to the .exe files.

I have been opening up links in topics on this forum and other forums. Can I pick them up by going to some of those links?

Maybe I just need some sort of protection for my computer

---->like a condom for my puter (pun intended) so I don't pick up viruses! LOL

Seriously though, should I look into getting some sort of program to protect my computer? If so, why hasn't the guys that are fixing my computer telling me about it? Job Security???

Thanks for your help (and your jokes!).

OldJake, I'm about as dumb as they get when it comes to computers. I got a new one about 3 years ago. It came with a McAfee anti-virus subscription. I renew it every year for about $70 a year and it updates itself almost daily, and once a week it scans my entire system. So far I have had no virus issues and I click on just about everything.:)

I have no idea if it helps or not, but a lot of "experts" say it does. There are some free one you can use I think, but I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Eel

Your time can be better spent finding the guy who gave you the virus and beat him to a bloody pulp. Everyone will thank you.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

WELL OldJake!!!

IF YOU KNOW WHO CATCHES YOU CATCHING THEM VIRUSES YOU'RE GONNA HAVE WORSE PROBLEMS THAN A BROKE PUTER!!!

((( }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I had a pop-up that had a logo that looked just like microsofts & said antivirus 2010, which is just a virus, don't fall for that one.

HEY THATS SOME BAD CRAP!!!

ANTI-VIRUS MY TAIL!!!

EVEN KNOCKED MY HARD DRIVE OUT!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

That antivirus-virus got me too. dont look for em online just buy one.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
th_Nuke.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom