Computerguy, Please Appear

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Dear All....

I brought a friend into MM'eys but made a big mistake by first bringing him to the Political page. Feddoc, I should have obeyed your advice... Now I am truly goofy from a few in/on that thread.

Don't even bother to go peek.

My friend, if he arrives, posts here, is a wonderful person and can use experiences from all of you. Until he posts, I shall wait.

His name is: Computerguy.

Good Grief Jagerdad, you created a firestorm inviting Computerguy to the Monster Muley Forum!
After looking at the post and comments early this morning, I get home later and see over ninety comments. This could be a forum record for one day!
The nerve of you inviting someone who posts intelligent, lucid comments.
I almost think you and Computerguy were conducting an experiment, and were out to prove your theory.
If so, you guys are right! It is impossible for left wing
progressives to have a calm, rational discussion on ideas and topics that they do not agree with. This is not only evident with the few on this site, but also in the real world.
I look forward to Computerguy's future post and comments, and, if I'm able, would be more than willing to help him in his hunting endeavors with his son.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-16 AT 12:23PM (MST)[p]Thank you Jagerdad for the introduction, and thank you SlinginLead for your warm welcome, as well as those who welcomed me on the other forum!

I will probably lurk for awhile and do some searches because I'm here to learn. I have quite a diverse background and there are many things I could teach, but not about hunting.

Without giving too much information in a public forum, I'm originally a Midwest small town and country boy. I have quite a bit of experience and knowledge of firearms as well as shall we say professional training in a previous life when I wore a uniform, and some more recently with my family.

I'm just breaking into casting bullets and reloading.

I have an uncle who is an avid bow deer hunter, and the only times I have actually gone hunting in my life, he took me duck hunting when I was a kid.

I have met Jagerdad in real life after quite a few years of just email and telephone calls.

Thanks again!

I stole this link from the taxidermy section. I'll call the business owner and explain I am helping you, a new MM'ey.

http://lotaxidermy.com/tips-tricks

I also intend to sneak a GPS Tracker on all of his (Taxidermist) vehicles because he has some Honey Holes in California D-Zone's.

Jagerdad :)

C'mon all Campfire folks, computerguy is NEW :) Offer him a warm welcome.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-16
>AT 12:23?PM (MST)

>
>Thank you Jagerdad for the introduction,
>and thank you SlinginLead for
>your warm welcome, as well
>as those who welcomed me
>on the other forum!
>
>I will probably lurk for awhile
>and do some searches because
>I'm here to learn. I
>have quite a diverse background
>and there are many things
>I could teach, but not
>about hunting.
>
>Without giving too much information in
>a public forum, I'm originally
>a Midwest small town and
>country boy. I have quite
>a bit of experience and
>knowledge of firearms as well
>as shall we say professional
>training in a previous life
>when I wore a uniform,
>and some more recently with
>my family.
>
>I'm just breaking into casting bullets
>and reloading.
>
>I have an uncle who is
>an avid bow deer hunter,
>and the only times I
>have actually gone hunting in
>my life, he took me
>duck hunting when I was
>a kid.
>
>I have met Jagerdad in real
>life after quite a few
>years of just email and
>telephone calls.
>
>Thanks again!

There are a few good guys on this forum. I just can't think of their names.

Computerguy.... Feddoc is a great guy and, I'm unsure, but I think elkassassin is an Attorney. Well, some side of Law & Order :)

I'm unsure, but I
>think elkassassin is an Attorney.
>Well, some side of Law
>& Order :)

He's an atv mechanic.

>I'm unsure, but I
>>think elkassassin is an Attorney.
>>Well, some side of Law
>>& Order :)
>
>
>He's an atv mechanic.

I thought he grew pisscutters in his (high fenced) back yard.

>>I'm unsure, but I
>>>think elkassassin is an Attorney.
>>>Well, some side of Law
>>>& Order :)
>>
>>
>>He's an atv mechanic.
>
>
>I thought he grew pisscutters in
>his (high fenced) back yard.
>

He does that on the side.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-16 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]>.....he is secretive about it but
>he is a world class
>OBGYN.......

Could you imagine him during an appointment at the moment of truth??

Elk - "JUDAS FRIGGIN PRIEST!"
Patient - "Excuse me?"
Elk - "GOOD GAWD!"
Patient - "What?!?!"
Elk - "NOTHING, ITS JUST A PISS CUTTER."
Patient - "Huh?"

While, in the background, Luke Bryan's "Huntin', Fishin', and Lovin' Every Day" plays on repeat.

:)

Computerguy;

I have been wondering of manners to offer you, a loyal friend, the tools to enter Big Game Hunting with a wonderful Son. I hope other Campfire members jump in, blindly, as I am, and offer tips on entering out of State Drawings. Offering help on States each member is experienced in and maybe the most important part is; How does a working man get time off for such trips...? How much might a Hunting Trip cost...? Most Mothers/Wives understand time and money used towards a Father/Son time alone trip. But if there are MM'ey Ladies who wish to say something along such lines, maybe how such a trip built a Bond with their Son or Daughter. Such advice would be nice.

Most everyone in Campfire know I am a Newbie and they have an unwritten rule, due to past times with new folks. The unwritten rule is to post often and especially, say something about the success a new person has, later, after a Hunt. Giving back to Campfire is about the only thing people enjoy. Wait, I over looked another aspect. That is, humorous bashing of those who just ask for it. Bombastic Chicanery is always the seeds of growth.

I have NEVER looked at the top tab of Pictures or Video. I just did and found this video: http://www.monstermuleys.com/huntingvideos/cgi-bin/site.pl?page=devan_gets_a_buck_62414

The Father looks like you, just not as physically fit or hansom that is :)

It reminds me of endless trips and my kids were asleep so often. It was to my benefit Mom was along, she had the Tent and all of the camp set up before "I Awoke".... Heck, I had to support the kids and nap also. Females always out perform Males, in my life's experiences.

Thank you for that video. That guy is in WAY better shape than I am, and you know it! I'm going to have to start doing some serious cardio work to keep up with him!

I am going to share that I often wonder how people have time to do things like multiple hunting trips in a season, and as Jagerdad said, to get time off from work for such trips.

I'm expecting a week away from work sometime in the next few weeks to recover from a minor surgery, and that will just about use up all of the days off I have accumulated.

I think I am going to have to outsource some things around the house to get them done, even though I know how to do them. I'm working a full time job and also trying to build a business that I can retire out to and work from home. My wife has been really patient, but has hinted a number of times that she wants me to get the stuff out of the house that I will call inventory. I'll be working on that this weekend.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-16
>AT 10:23?AM (MST)

>
>>.....he is secretive about it but
>>he is a world class
>>OBGYN.......
>
>
>Could you imagine him during an
>appointment at the moment of
>truth??
>
>Elk - "JUDAS FRIGGIN PRIEST!"
>Patient - "Excuse me?"
>Elk - "GOOD GAWD!"
>Patient - "What?!?!"
>Elk - "NOTHING, ITS JUST A
>PISS CUTTER."
>Patient - "Huh?"
>
>While, in the background, Luke Bryan's
>"Huntin', Fishin', and Lovin' Every
>Day" plays on repeat.
>
>:)

You Guy's Crack Me Up!:D

These OBGYN Hours SUCK!!!

[font color="blue"]ONE OF THE ALL TIME STUPID POSTS OF 2016 By
Nemont:That mileage sucks. Off the lot my brother's 2016 Chevy
3500 Diesel got 20 mph and he drives 75 mph every where he goes.
He took the boxes off it and gets about 24. Doesn't matter if he
is towing anything or not.! (((Ya! I Want a Truck Like that
too!)))
[/font]

Computerguy....Your Post is exactly what Campfire folks can get behind you on. Elkassassin, sorry, I mentioned "be-hind" while you're still thinking of OBGYN...that was a terrible Trip :)

Computerguy also has been bothered by the Two Southern California, San Diego Police Officers Shot. Computerguy, you shall find Law Enforcement FRIENDS here in Campfire.

So, how does men find time off for taking their Son Hunting...? Where do they go to Hunt...? What State has Junior Hunts...?

Most states has Youth hunts. Some are cheaper then others. You have to figure out how far you need to travel, into it too. Miles cost money. I keep track of all the states around me. This year I have one son hunting Colorado youth. We always do Oregon youth hunts as that is where we live. Idaho has a great mentored youth tag. But you have to be hunting with an Adult that has the same tag (Deer-Deer or Elk-Elk). Wyoming gives a bid discount for youth too. I don't know much about CAli but I would look close to home for things to do in the evenings and weekends. All hunts don't have to be a week long. We do out of state tags on weekends. Usually we take one day off and head out Thursday night as soon as we can. Then we drive all night if we have to to be hunting at first light on Friday. Then we head home on Saturday night as we don't hunt on Sunday. My son put a youtube video together of me cleaning and elk, might be good to watch a couple different ones before you head out.
You have to be signed in as it got flagged by the non-hunters.

DZ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom